Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall Unity Tree

Well yesterday I said I'd like to do the same Unity stamps tree in Fall colors so that's what I did. This time though I changed the little things that bothered me about yesterday's card, and I didn't use that crappy Martha Stewart rub on stitching! This one I used black rub on stitching from DCWV.



I was thrilled with how my ribbon tied so perfectly with the shiny side showing on both ends! I punched the leaves out of some designer paper. I just really like the way this turned out.
And since it's give away card day, I made a matching enevelope to go with it!



The envelope has got some lick-n-stick envelope sealer on the closing flap so it can be sealed and used. You have until noon tomorrow to leave a comment on this card and tomorrow I'll have random.org pick a number to choose who gets it. As always, thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

The leaves on this card look like a pretty fall day, and the colors on the all blend so well together. I know I've said it before but I can NEVER get my ribbon to do right. I just love it when a plan comes together :~) (Do you remember the show that saying came from)?? A little trivia here....

I'm glad you didn't use those "crappy" rub ons this time either LOL.....

bumblebee creations said...

You are amazing Holly!! I love the richness of this card! Thanks for the advice on the markers-since I couldn't afford the copics, I went and got the other kind you told me about and I love them!! TFS!!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love the ribbon.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! Beautiful in these fall colours! Love the little designer leaves and the colour blocked background! The envy is awesome too!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is awesome! I love the leaves. :)

Kat said...

Me! Me!! Pick ME, random.org!! LOL
Seriously, Holly, I just love this card - and the envy. Great art!

Catherine said...

okay, i really like that punch leaves...it's so adorable. Love your card with matching envelope..very pretty!

LouAnne said...

Thanks for this beautiful inspiration.
I love what you did with the leaves- and the punch from Dollar Tree no less!
Hope I win!

Suzy said...

I just stumbled across your blog...WOW!! Love the cards, thanks for the great ideas and techniques you share.
Already added to my FAVS!!

Suzy

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Ow wow, this is such a stunning card. I adore this tree stamp and the way you've used the leaves, it is so affective, and what gorgeous colours. A very classy looking card. Hugs lind ax