Friday, October 3, 2008

Falling for Fall

alert - there is some great blog candy and also eye candy for you at Marlene's. Go by and check out her lovely work!

Also, if you love the Magnolia images as much as I do, then you are going to want to check out this blog for a chance to win some awesome new stamps being released soon!

I think I've mentioned that I love Fall, and I guess that's why I like making Fall themed cards! This one is a super simple and super fast card to make.



The stamp is from Stampin Up's Gently Falling stamp set. I colored the floating leaves (they kind of look like little multi colored sperm! LOL!) in different fall colors and printed the word FALL on my computer. I can't recall the name of the font I used, but I spaced several time between each letter.

I hope you are all having a great week. I've got a busy weekend ahead of me. It's World Cardmaking Day tomorrow and I'm getting together with a group of stampers to make cards which will be sent to Ronald McDonald House and Cards For Troops. It should be lots of fun. Do you have any World Cardmaking Day plans?
On Sunday I am working at the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure store which is always fun.
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Brrrr...it's chilly out this morning! The fall colors in your card make me think of a fire pit roasting marshmallows, Yum.

Have a great time tomorrow and you go girl!!! on Sunday.

Beverly aka beestamper said...

Hi Holly!
First I want to thank you for all of the nice comments and for visiting me over on my lil' ol' blog.
Hey, I have this stamp, and have never even inked it up! Girl, now I'm gonna case this card too! LOL! You have quite a busy but fun weekend planned. I wish I were able to host a Card Making Event for some of my friends, but I will be out of town celebrating my Father's birthday. Love, love, love your blog, and your stuff!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love your card. Sperm...you are too funny girl! I have never looked at that stamp and thought anything but leaves, and now I'll never look at it the same again LOL! Have a fab weekend with both of your wonderful and fabulous events!

Nancy said...

This is a great, clean fall card. Love it! I almost lost my water (drinking, that is) when I read your sperm comment. : )