Sunday, October 26, 2008

Group Stamping

I wanted to share this Halloween card I received from Pam. Pam is a wonderful new friend I met through this blog. She always leaves me such nice comments, and she's from Arkansas too! Anyway, she sent me this



Isn't it darling? Here's the inside



I love the funny sentiment which she said is from My Favorite Things tongue in cheek collection. She said she got the idea from Linsey Rickett. Thanks Pam for thinking of me and for allowing me to share it on my blog!

Well yesterday at the retirement home was fun. We had four men join us this time around! Doesn't he look like he's having a good time?



He told me when I took his picture to be sure and let everyone know he's single! LOL!
We made two different Christmas cards with them. I didn't take a picture of the cards we made as samples though. I just plain forgot to. Here are a couple of group shots.



The man in the sunglasses was a real hoot! He was constantly making jokes. I told him he was a trouble maker and this other lady whispered to me that he was a couple of cards short of a full deck!



They want us to come back next month, so I think that means they had a good time. I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

It looks like you had the best time...you would be surprised how much these folks look forward to your visit. I know when we go there to work, we have several "regulars", that come up and speak to us.
It's sad that it's all some folks have to look forward to.

You and your friend are a special kind of people to do that Holly. I know if you continue it , you won't be able to stop because you'll get attached :~)

Thanks for sharing with us...it's a nice start to my Sunday.

msfreida said...

I know that meant so much to them. They will be talking about it for days.

Children and older folks have always had a special place in my heart, and any time spent with either is time well spent. YOU made such a difference in their lives and I know there is a special star with your name on it. God bless you!

Kat said...

What a special time with special elderlies -- and for them with special you & your friend!
Lovely cards. :-)

Anita said...

What fun it looks like everyone had. The boot card is so cute.

Beverly said...

What a fun time and great ministry!
I've been sick all week, and glad to finally be back on my feet, doing something productive! Needless to say, I didn't get anything sent out in the mail last week.. but be on the look out this week!
ps.. tag you're it.. I just tagged you over on my blog.. check it out!

Catherine said...

oh Holly, those are just great pics and you guys sure had a blast. Can't wait to see next months visit with them :)