Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Know It's Barely November

I know Halloween is tomorrow, but I borrowed this Christmas set from a friend and I had to make a card with it before I returned it! I really don't even need to make any Christmas cards this year because I made so many last year that I still have plenty to use this year! But sometimes you're just in the mood to make a Christmas card ya know?



The stamp set I borrowed is Stampin Up's Season Of Joy. The flourish in the stamp set was missing so I used some flourishes from Autumn Leaves. I stamped them in white and a darker green. The flower was stamped a total of three times. Once in red, once in clear then clear embossed, and once in green. I used yellow stickles for the center of the flower, and the whole flower is popped up. If you had the five petal punch this would be a really good card to mass produce. I don't have the punch; my flowers and leaves were hand cut!
I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. And it's Halloween to boot! I love Halloween! Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous card-holly!! It was worth cutting it out-it is stunning! TFS!

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree with the previous comment, it is stunning....

Catherine said...

a lot of cutting but this is one pretty Christmas card :)

Karen said...

Very pretty card! I like the set you used, too. Great job!

Toota-loo,
Karen

Kat said...

Ooh.... ahhhh.... yummmm.... I just love pink & green together -- and your flowers are gorgeous!
Using the dark green with the white for the flourishes is such a great idea -- makes it look like shadows.
Beautiful card, Holly!

Suzy said...

HI~~
I got the card in today's mail that I WON last week...BEAUTIFUL!!
It was sooo fun to get something besides political crap or bills in the mail.
And send it to somebody else....I think NOT!! it is mine to enjoy!!

Thanks again...
Happy Halloween!!
Suzy

Sherry said...

Surprise! I'm finally able to post comments -- The Christmas card is beautiful, thanks for all the hard work to create the card and share with your friends. Sherry

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is so pretty, Holly! And I'm going to cheat and tell you here that I also love that scarecrow card I see a little farther down the blog. Seriously, how is it that you are not on someone's DT? That just doesn't seem right.