Thursday, October 2, 2008

last case this week

okay, here is the final card I made for the featured stamper challenge this week. I told you I found a lot of cards in her gallery I liked! The card I cased can be found here.

and here is my version of it.



The stamp is from PSX, and guess what! I didn't use copics this time! I pushed the lids of my stamp pads down on the pad to get some ink on them and used a water brush to water color this. Then I sponged on close to cocoa ink and distressed the edges a bit. I only had gold brads, so I colored them with a copic marker; oh I guess I used A copic. LOL!
The background is just squares I cut and then sponged them too the same way.
Yea, tomorrow is Friday! Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the look of the sponged ink...it gives it the look of aged paper. Very nice!

Ditto the YAY of tomorrow being Friday, I have Stamp Club :~)

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous. Love how you made the paper looked aged.

Kat said...

I love it, Holly. And the saying goes great with the "aged" parts of the card. :-)

Catherine said...

very pretty, Holly and love that sentiment =)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love this Holly! Amazing that the images are so similar from different companies! Your colouring and sponging are just perfect!

weatkins said...

Holly, the squares are great. They look like stones making up a patio where you would set your plants. Nice job!

bumblebee creations said...

I love it! Where do I find out how to do that technique? It looks so awesome-I would love to try it out! TFS!! : )

Karin said...

Great card.
Love the sponged look, and that image is so well coloured.

Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Beverly aka beestamper said...

This is fabulous! I love the earthy feel of this one. And, I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who loves to case other wonderful stampers!! Your cards are fab!