Saturday, October 18, 2008

Plum Tree

Thanks so much for all the wonderful responses I got yesterday on the tutorial for how to print on your cards! I am so glad that you liked it.

I was running short on time this week (aren't we all?), but I didn't want to miss having a post today. Don't want to spoil my streak! I've posted every day (sometimes more than once!) since I began my blog! Anyway, I wanted to make a card but I didn't want to think too much about what it would be, so what's a girl to do? CASE! I went to a folder I have on my computer where I save pictures of cards that I really like and I picked out one to try my hand at. This one is based on a card by Michelle Giraud aka: Flaxy Chick
Here is Michelle's card




I went to pull out my brown cardstocks when I spotted that plum ribbon I bought on clearance at Target still on my desk and thought maybe this would look pretty in plum colors. Plus, purple is my favorite color, so here is my card




I did stamp a little word "enjoy" and cut it out in a little oval to put on the side, but it just didn't look right so I left it off. The moon also got a little torn area from where I pulled off my mask, but I don't think it's that noticeable. Did you notice it before I mentioned it? I got this whole card finished when it dawned on me I forgot to use the ribbon! So, I made another one a little different from the first one, but it has the ribbon!



Both cards use the Stampin Up set Lovely As A Tree, and the beautiful quote stamp is from Penny Black. I used an Ellison texture sheet called Distressed on the yellow piece. I really liked Michelle's use of double rows of piercing, but I left it at one row, and didn't pierce at all on the second card. To keep my piercing even, I laid one smaller size Nestabilitie circle die in the center of the circle and pierced around the edge.
I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday! I plan on looking at some more cards in my favorite's folder to CASE and stamp while my husband watches football! Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Kat said...

LOL - I wondered where the ribbon was in the first card. I thought purrhaps you were showing it to us in two stages.
I like the look with the piercing better than without. So, I like your first card better - oh, if only it had the ribbon on it. But, uh, you could always add a plum bow on it. ;-)

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love all the purple.

msfreida said...

Both cards are gorgeous,and no,the tear is not noticeable!Awesome job on the casing,BTW!I,too,love anything purple!What a clever way to use your nesties when piercing....never would have come up with that one!Your blog is always so inspiring and you never neglect to teach me a new trick!Thank you so much!

Cynde said...

The cards are really pretty in the plum. I didn't notice at all about the moon until after you wrote it. Why is it we feel the need to point out the mishaps? I do the same thing...LOL
Enjoy your Weekend.

Kristine B. said...

Those turned out BEAUTIFUL!! :) And seriously, no, I didn't even see that spot on the moon until you said it and I had to go back and look! LOL. Love it with the ribbon and saying. The trees are my faves. Hugs,
Kristinexx

Catherine said...

very pretty, Holly!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Great case! I love the large circular focal point.

Nancy said...

These cards are gorgeous! Love the colors.