Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Punched Leaf Tree

Hey, let's see how many of you can guess what this is.




Give up? It's part of a milk jug. The part that is usually punched out where your fingers go through the handle. If you see any milk gallons that still have them attached, break them off and save them. They are great to use as bone folders! LOL! No kidding though, they're terrific for scoring and creasing your cardstock. I see a lot of them on the floor in the grocery store or in the parking lot.

Now, on to today's card. I really like how it turned out even though there are some parts of this card I wish I'd done differently.



The tree is from a Unity stamps set called Friendship Love Miracles. I stamped it in Close To Cocoa ink and cut it out with a nestabilitie circle. Then I used a little leaf punch I got at the Dollar Tree and punched out several leaves to glue on to the tree. I then cut out a scalloped circle and pierced holes in each scallop. I picked out some coordinating designer paper and cut out four 2" squares and mounted them on a piece of cardstock. Then I picked out some white rub on stitches by Martha Stewart. This is where my trouble started. The stupid rub ons rubbed on, but then some of them didn't stay on! So aggravating! I went back and rubbed more down to fill in the missing spots, but only succeeded in pulling more off. Grr! I finally gave up and just filled in with a white gel pen. Let's say I'm not too happy with the Martha Stewart line right now!
I punched out a scalloped border and mounted it on the bottom. I wish I had extended it out to the ends of the light green cardstock, but I only went to the ends of the two squares. You don't notice it as much with the ribbon tied around the bottom though.
I mounted the tree on pop dots. I really like it and want to do another in fall colors!
Okay, remember that tomorrow is card give away day, so be sure to come back and see what it is. Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

I have been afraid to use rub ons for exactly the reason you described...that would make me sick if I'd spent time making a card and my rub ons didn't all take.

Lucky for you, we can't tell (or at least I can't), from looking at it. I like the leaves you punched out and stuck to the tree...I thought it was part of the stamp:~)

Nice card!

Anita said...

Thanks for the tip on the milk jug piece. Your card is beautiful.

Kat said...

I really like this card, Holly. Stick to the white gel pen! LOL
I hope you will show us the card you make in Autumn colors. :-)

Catherine said...

i still trying to think about that milk jug piece, can't wait to go home and see...LOL!

your card...LOVE IT! i know how frustrating rub-on can be sometimes but your card...GORGEOUS!

Elizabeth said...

Another stunning card from a very talented person. Love that stamp!

Debby said...

Your a busy busy gal. You amaze me. I love this card. What you see as troublesome the rest of us do not see. We simply see beautiful. And I love your casings to. Very nicely done and you managed to put your signature on them. Very nice. I hate rubons btw. I don't care who makes em.

Cynde said...

Your card is Beautiful. Love the colors, and softness of it. The rub on problem I don't even see. I guess you fixed it too good! LoL Really though your card is truly beautiful...Thanks for the inspiration!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous! Love the spring version too! The punched leaves add perfect dimension! Sorry to hear about the rub ons...I usually find them to work pretty spiffy...although I've only tried SU's & Basic Grey.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute! I love the color combo. And I hate rub ons.

Katharina Frei said...

Love this Holly and your comment on my blog made me laugh :)
Thanks for that!
Katharina