Thursday, October 23, 2008

Season Of Thanks

Well it is getting to be time to doing Thanksgiving cards, so I decided to play around with some different ideas. This card is using the Stampin Up set Harvest Home. I watercolored it using an aqua brush and inks picked up from the lids of my stamp pads. I haven't watercolored in a while and rather enjoyed doing it. I'm not sure it would be a good card to mass produce though because of cutting out the leaves.



I'll be back in a bit to post the winner of yesterday's card. If you haven't commented on it yet, you have until noon today. Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

The weather this morning sure feels like Thanksgiving!!! Brrrr I didn't want to get out of bed LOL

Great card....I can't believe the holidays are just around the corner.

Are you dressing up for Halloween?? The grandkids are coming over to trick or treat in my neighborhood and I always make Ghoul-losh...I thought about dressing up as one of the Dancing Queens from Mamma Mia LOL did you see the movie?? Loved it!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day :~)

Catherine said...

oh i dare you to mass produce this beauty...LOL! if only there's a little bit larger leaf punch, then mass produce :)

msfreida said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS! No, I can't see cutting loads of leaves, but it's a pity cause the leaves really make the card pop! Your water coloring is to die for! Think I will case for a few friends...a VERY few!TFS

Kat said...

Very nice coloring, Holly. Makes me *almost* want to take a bite out of that pumpkin. LOL
I like that you "dimensionalized" the cut-out leaves.

Debby said...

Beautiful! The cut out leaves are the perfect touch!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Your card is beautiful! Could you punch the leaves? Your colouring is fantastic and the colours and papers work perfectly!