Saturday, October 25, 2008

Super Busy Saturday

I don't have much time today, so here's a quick card I made last night. I used a stamp from Unity Stamps for the verse.The red paper is some tissue paper I had. I crinkled it up and then smoothed it out some and glued in on some cardstock. The black scrolly vines are some Cuttle bug die cuts.



I didn't have much time after work to make a card for today. I was getting stuff ready for the Christmas card making we are going to do at the retirement home later this afternoon. We have come up with two different card designs for them. I think they will like them and will enjoy making them. I plan on getting pictures this time!
After we cut out all the cardstock for the cards my husband and I took our dog to the park and she found something really interesting to dig,


so I had to give her a bath when we got home and then it was time for dinner and the night was getting away from me!
Hopefully I will have time to stamp this weekend and I hope all of you do too! Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Hope you have a great time today at the Retirement Center...

Can't wait to see the pictures :~) Some of my work is in Retiremant Centers and it seems like older people are starved for some attention. I know you'll have a fun time...wish I could be there to help!

Thanks for sharing your card with us.....

msfreida said...

Surely wish I could "throw" a quick card together that looked like this! As always, it is beautiful!

I know you and the residents will have a wonderful time. God bless you for taking the time to share your talent and your heart.

Debby said...

What a cute card. Quick for you days for me. I have to work really hard at being creative. Oh well. Keeps me out of some trouble. Is your dog a schnauzer? Have we talked about this before? The rear looks like a schnauzer.

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love the corner touches.

Debbie Olson said...

SO elegant! Great colors and layout!

Annasmama said...

I love your cards, really great work! And your dog ist soooo cute! :-)))

Kat said...

Really? The scrolly vines are black? They *so* look "country blue" in the photo.
I was surprised when you wrote that you "made a quick card" 'cuz this is so beautiful and definitely took time to plan out for the layering & the layout. Gorgeous! I love the tissue paper.
P.S. Riley sure is happy sniffing/digging - her tail is a blur, wagging away. *g*

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card...love the tissue paper and the punched flourishes!