Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tie A Yellow Ribbon

This month at Splitcoast Stampers, the dirty dozen have made cards inspired on songs. I decided to play along because I couldn't get this song out of my head unil I made the card!



Obviously my song is tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree. There are a lot of trees in neighborhoods all over the country that have yellow ribbons tied on them. Families who are missing their fathers, brothers, sons, nephews, etc. This card will go to my best friend for her to send to her nephew who is currently away serving our country.

I stamped the image (from Stampin Up's Lovely As A Tree set) on watercolor paper and colored it with colored pencils and blended the colors with odorless mineral spirits. I cut a slit on either side of the tree trunk so I could slip the ribbon through and tie it. The greeting is computer generated with a font called Tall Paul. I then scored two lines before and after the greeting. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card! What a neat idea to make slits so you can tie a bow.

Kat said...

A very thoughtful card for your friend's nephew, Holly.
God bless & protect our troops!

bumblebee creations said...

This is a wonderful card holly! I have sent an award to you-please see my blog.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

What a cute idea. I have this set, and never know what to do with it. I love this though - I'll have to store it away in the memory banks for future use!

bumblebee creations said...

oops! Forgot one really important part to the award-I was supposed to tell you that your award is on my site and then you copy it yours (if you'd like to) and then pass it on to 6 people and let them know by acknowledging them on your blog. I forgot to tell everyone that. (so don't forget to tell them like I did!!)