Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tiptoe Through The Hollyhocks

A while back I traded some images with Catherine at Inksomnia for some of her Sarah Kay images. This is the first chance I've had to color one of the images and make a card with it.



The image bothered me because there were only two little clumps of hollyhocks and the whole picture looked unfinished. Fortunately I had a stamp with almost the exact same kind of flowers so I stamped a couple and added them to either side, so now it looks like she and her little orange kitty have walked to the hollyhock portion of their garden. The little stamp I added is from Stampin Up, but I do not know which set it came from. I use it a lot though for scenes.
This image was colored with copics, and I chose the colors based on the colors in the striped paper. The ribbon is actually a plum color, but it looks pinkish gray in the photo for some reason. I got the ribbon on clearance at Target; 15 yards for $2.00!
I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. I really need to clean my house this weekend and I want to get started on Thanksgiving cards.
Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

WOW! This is amazing! You really think of everything!! I love the colors you have used and how you added more flowers-they look so real! Have a great day! TFS!

Pam in Ar. said...

Pretty, pretty...you do such a great job Holly. I just love the way you color. You have an eye for detail, and know just the right thing to do....

Debby said...

Wow this is very pretty! I also love your cleverness and creativity with the christmas tree. Your thank you gifts are wonderfu and your frame is to die for. Cool!

Kat said...

Ditto - to what Pam said. :-)
This is *such* a sweet-girl image. Just darling, dah-ling! LOL Makes me dreamy of summer, which passed way too quickly for us in northern Idaho this year.

StampingJoan said...

cute cute cute!

And yes, you can send Riley to me!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Sue at Stampndaly said...

Very pretty, great cutting.

Catherine said...

Holly, just gorgeous. Love how you added flowers and how'd you do that on a stamp image already...mmm :)

Nancy said...

Super cute card, Holly. Love how you added the extra flowers.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful and you are just so creative and innovative! I would never have known that the holly hocks were not part of the original images. They work together perfectly!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That's adorable! i love the way you layered her.