Saturday, October 4, 2008

Unity Tree

Happy World Card Making Day!

I recently bought and received a set of stamps from Unity called Friendship, Love Miracles. The images are a lot smaller than I thought they'd be, but they stamp beautifully and I've had fun using them. This is the first card I made using this set of stamps.



I stamped the tree in Close To Cocoa and then colored the leaves in different autumn colors. I chalked in a grassy area and chalked what I thought looked like a beautiful autumn sunset. Did you ever notice how the sunsets are so pretty in the Fall and the sunrises are prettier in the Spring? Maybe it's just me.
Anyway, I added some designer paper by K & Company to the background and then used some rub on stitches to make it look sewn. I found some buttons in my desk at work and had just brought them home for possible use and since they were laying right there I decided to go ahead and put them on the card too!
Well, I'm off to go make cards for the troops and Ronald McDonald House with a bunch of other ladies. Should be fun. I hope ya'll have a great day too no matter what you are doing! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Another great card Holly...have fun today...it's thundering and lightning here this morning!

Kat said...

Very nice, Holly! I like your chalking - it looks swirly, like the tree branches. The rub-on stitching is amazing - looks so real. I like your layers & embellishments. There are quite a few things there - yet it does not look "too busy". :-)

No T&L here (hi, Pam!) - tho it is raining ever-so-lightly.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Holly! Love the chalking and stitching! Wonderful details!

Catherine said...

oh i just love this =)

Julie said...

Very pretty, love the background to the tree, and the DP.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

So pretty! I love the stitching.