Monday, October 20, 2008

Wish

I spent the weekend doing a lot of CASING. Today's card is one I took from a card by Lauren Meader
First off let me show you Lauren's card:



Now my card:



I used a stamp set by Papertrey Ink
and stamped it in some Versamagic chalk ink. Then I used a quickie glue pen to fill in the dandelions and I flocked it with some white flocking. I love the way this looks!
I printed the greeting at the bottom on the computer using a font called Miss LeGatees. I didn't have any pastel colored buttons that worked with this, so I went with pale blue rain dots.
I chose the word "wish" because that's what people do when they blow dandelions!

On another note, I was given this award from Rhonda at Bumblebee Creations

and I'm supposed to pass this on to six others, but I am going to just let it rest it here for now because I know bloggers are busy blogging for us! Thanks Rhonda!
Have a happy Monday, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

What better a person to case after than Lauren???
Good choice and congratulations on your award...I love your blog too :~)

Happy Monday.....

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH thanks for liking my card :D Thats one of my faves. I love your take on it. So soft and pretty!! Youa re just so sweet Holly. Congrats on the award-well deserved. I got so many compliments on that frame you sent me :D THANK YOU friend :D

Kat said...

The softness of the blue on your card is rather captivating. The flocking of the dandelion seeds is purrfectly wonderful! Very purrty card, Holly!!

msfreida said...

Beautiful job on the case! The flocking really makes the dandelion "pop". Your sentiment couldn't be more appropriate. Kudos on your well-deserved award!

Cynde said...

Very Pretty card! Feels like you should be able to blow on the card and make a wish! Thanks for the inspiration....

Catherine said...

Holly, what a beautiful CASE...gorgeous!

Diane said...

Very nice!!! I lover here cards, too, yours are beautiful! I posted the lovely set you sent me as a thank you and am directing them back to your blog.....thanks again!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card to case and yours turned out fabulous! Love the blues!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Great case! And congrats on the award...

gemr said...

Love your latest card, Holly! Thanks for the reminder of an old, but great technique.