Friday, October 31, 2008

Your Day

Happy Halloween every one! It may be Halloween, but I don't have a Halloween card to share with you today. Today my smart aleck side comes out to play. First, a little background. I am in charge of what's called a RAK request list on a rubber stamping group I belong to. People send in requests for cards to be sent to people they know for various reasons. It could be someone they know who is ill, someone they know who is celebrating something, or just someone they want to surprise with some cards. One of the requests I got for November was from a lady who said it was her husband's birthday and she wanted to surprise him with birthday cards. So, I made this card for him



I think the image is Riley moose from Hanna Stamps. It was an image I received in an image swap so I'm not sure. Anyway, I thought the image would work for a guy card. Now for the smart aleck part; the inside of the card



LOL! I just couldn't help myself. See why it's such fun to be able to print your own card greetings?! The font on this card is Minya Nouvelle. I think her husband will at least get a chuckle out of it, don't you? Thanks for looking, and don't eat too much of your kids Halloween candy tonight!

7 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Trick or Treat, smell my feet, gimme somethin' good to eat LOL...do you remember singing that song?? I have fond memories of going trick or treating with my siblings growing up in Chicago. And now.....I have my grandkids over every year to sing the same song I used to sing as a child... as I put candy in their buckets, I sing it to them. Halloween is so fun! Have a safe and happy one Holly.

That guy is going to be so surprised when he gets all of those cards!! At least she didn't send a Belly Dancer like I did for my husbands last B-Day....so much fun :~) It was nice of you to make it for him...it was great!

Kat said...

*giggles* Yup, he most certainly will get a chuckle out of your card, Holly. Very cute! And you did such nice coloring, as usual.
I'd like to see your "smart aleck" side more often. tee-hee!

Anita said...

Riley is so cute. The saying is great.:)

Catherine said...

cute card, Holly! and love the sentiment that you printed...LOL!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Hilarious Holly! That is too funny and Riley looks so cute! I always had reservations about the "it's your day" sentiment...but this makes it perfect!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

LOL! Too funny, and yes, that's Riley! I love him. :)

Christina said...

LOL! I love it!