Monday, November 3, 2008

I Feel Pretty!

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your extra hour yesterday. I certainly did and I wasn't quite ready for Monday to get here so soon.
Today I have a card I made using an image my daughter drew. I printed it out and colored her with copic markers. After that it was all about embellishing!



I thought of paper piecing her outfit AFTER I had already colored her, so maybe I'll do that next time. I added a little cheeky clip from Making Memories. That's what they call them in case you were thinking I went all London on you! LOL! I tied some pink polka dotted ribbon around it. The verse is printedout ont he computer in a font called Fiolex Girl. Now the flower paper over the background is from KI Memories. It's a laser cut design paper that I bought at Archivers when I was in Memphis. Isn't it cool? This particular design is called Flower Child Pinata.
After I cut this paper to fit the card I got to wondering if I could emboss using this paper as a sort of stencil. Here's the paper by itself.




I held it up to the window and placed a piece of white cardstock over it and used an embossing stylus to trace around the laser cuts. It worked great, but your hand does get tired!
Here's how it looked embossed on one side



and the other side



Isn't that neat? With this paper costing $2.00 for a 12x12 piece, this is a great way to get a little extra mileage out of it!

If you're in the mood for some blog candy, my friend Rhonda is having a super giveaway right here.
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

What pretty background paper! That was good thinking on your part by embossing with it....where DO you come up with these ideas???

Love the card :~)

Have a good Monday...the weather is beautiful and the trees are FINALLY gorgeous....

bumblebee creations said...

You are so smart!! wow, I would never in a million years thought to do that!! : ) I love watching your blog-cuz you're very good at always thinking of extra ways to use something!! Thank You also for entering my blog candy-good luck! I'll try to do the tag info tonight, or tomorrow. Thank You Holly!! : )

bumblebee creations said...

ps. that is such a great image- your daughter drew that? Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree then, huh?!!hehhee

alohatammi said...

What a great idea! Thanks.

Tammi
http://3littlebirdz.com