Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's In the Details

Today's card has lots of little details in it. Things you might not notice at first glance, but when you take a second or third look you'll see something you missed the first time.



I stamped the dragonfly image (sorry, don't know who makes it) and colored it with colored pencils; except for the wings. The wings were painted with an irridescent h20 paint. The color of the wings changes hues when it's tilted. I added flocking to the cat tails. I used green rain dots on the eyes, but first I colored a little of the eyes so it would show through the rain dot. There are three embossed dots on the right side of one green strip. I embossed with a stylus and the circles in a little plastic template that helps you line up eyelets, holes, etc. The wings were debossed from the back like I did the towel in my Dieting Bear card. You can see the shimmer in the wings and more of the dimension the debossing gives the wings in this closeup.



I also cut the corners on the right side of the card. Like I said, lots of details! The "Dream" stamp is from Papertrey Ink.
Here's another little detail for you, my friend Sarah is giving away some fun blog candy, so head over to her blog for a chance to win! Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Love your dragonfly...the wings are so cool .....You really did put a lot of detail in it with the eyes and flocking on the cat-tails.

Love it!!

Catherine said...

very pretty, Holly.

catt871 said...

What a stunning card!!!! LOVE all the detail!!!

Debby said...

OMG! Your art gets better and better every time I come over here. This is gorgeous! BTW email me your addy and Mr. Stampgasm is on his way to you ;-)

Kat said...

I love dragonflies. I love dragonfly stamped images. What you created with this one, Holly, is so beautiful. I love the idea of using rain dots over the colored eyes. Really brings this creature to life almost. Everything else about your card is also awesome. SUPERB ART!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That's awesome! I love the dew drop eyes. What a great idea.

Poppy said...

wow love that Dragonfly it's gorgeous.
poppy