Sunday, November 2, 2008

Memories In Your Heart

Sympathy cards are never cards you want to make and today's card was a hard one for me to do. It is for a friend of mine who just lost her dog of 14 years. Losing a pet is such a hard thing. I used water color crayons on the image, spritzed with water and then stamped it. After it was stamped I spritzed the image with water again. Once it was dry, I added some more color to the background the leaves with chalk. Then I sprayed with water once more.
The verse was printed on my computer using a font called PhyllisD. I just increased the size of the font for the words "Memories" and "Heart" to make it look a little more decorative.



Three small yellow rain dots were added below the verse. I don't know who makes this stamp. It is an unmounted one I've had in my stamp drawers for years.
So, if you live in an area that observes daylight savings time you have an extra hour today. I hope you spend it doing something you love with someone you love. I am going to spend my hour walking in the park with my husband and our little dog.



Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

What a beautiful card Holly.

I lost my cat,Freckle,of 14 years, 3 weeks ago. I still look for her sitting in the window with that little meow, waiting to be fed.

I know your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness...

msfreida said...

Holly, you did an awesome job on this card. It is gorgeous and I know your friend will treasure it. I love this stamp!

We had to have our Golden Retriever put to sleep back in the summer. Bless her heart, she gave our family so much love for 13 yrs, but cancer just took over her body. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. At least she is pain-free and at peace now.

You are a special friend to remember her at this painful time. Hugs~

Debby said...

Your card is incredibly gorgeous and your friend is going to love it. It's always extremely difficult when one loses a furry friend. Give your beautiful dog extra hugs today as I will mine. I have lots to give with 3 little ones running around. Have a blessed and wonderful day.

Sherry said...

The card is pretty your sentiment and caring shows through. Wait until I tell Riley she has been reduced to "my dog"

Kat said...

When I look upon this card, Holly, I feel peace. I know Judi will also feel it when she receives it. Well done! And such a nice idea to use larger size font for the words "memories" and "heart".

Riley certainly is doggone photogenic! *arf* Love this pic of her sitting amongst the autumn leaves.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card, and so perfect for the occasion. The loss of a pet can only be understood by pet lovers. 14 years is a long time in the heart. Enjoy your walk with your dog.

Karen said...

This is a beautiful card. Your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness. I just love your little doggy. He is adorable. We had to put our golden retriever mix down in Sept. He got sick, & the vet said he had edema really bad, as well as a mass in his bladder. It was so sad. We miss him horribly. He was only 8 years old. That lingers in your heart. Sometimes the days are so sad just thinking about him. I received a card from the vet's staff & I appreciated that. Hope you enjoy your walk!
Toota-loo,
Karen

Catherine said...

14 years is a long time, how sad for your friend. and a great card for her. Your dog is just too cute!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

What a sweet card. We lost our kitty in March and still have hard days. :(