Friday, November 7, 2008

Stretching Your Stamping Dollars

Okay, I know this post is a lot later than I normally post, but I had a super busy day and have just now had time to upload my pictures! I do hope you think this was worth the wait though, because I have not one, not two, but FOUR cards to show you!

If you've followed my blog for any length of time you know that I am a big fan of saving money on stamping stuff when I can. You may remember this post where I showed you my version of a stamp by Stampin Up using stamps I already own. Well Stampin Up has another new set of stamps out called It's A Stretch that I really like, but they are so close to a lot of stamps I already have that I've been trying to talk myself out of getting them. I keep getting tempted though by seeing all the cute cards people have made using the set. So, I set out to see what I could do with stamps I already have.
First off let me show you what the set It's A Stretch looks like



Now here are the cards I made in no particular order



And a close up of the cake because I think it looks so cute



Then I stretched out a flower



Then I made a couple of cards using wall paper like I mentioned in this post and made envelopes to match









The little topiary tree had spanish moss at the base of the tree and I tried to simulate it with little strips of brown cardstock, but it didn't turn out like I envisioned.
On that card with the vase of flowers, those scallops on the side are actually a rick rack ribbon that I glued down on the back with just one scallop showing from the front.



I wanted you to see the little tree image before I stretched it out, so here it is stamped normally, and then how it looks after I stretched it.



So now I feel like I can spend the money I would have spent on that stamp set on something else!

I was given this award by Debby at Debby's Stuff and the rules are
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to their blogs
5. Leave a message for your nominees.

So the five blogs I'd like to recommend this time around are five that are fairly new discoveries for me, but they've all inspired me to come visit again, and I hope I've inpsired you to pay them a visit as well!
1. Lorie
2. Kristie
3. Emma
4. Poppy
5. Amy

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness Holly...I totally love what you've done with your images! Excellent job! Thank you so much for giving me the wonderful award...you are so sweet! :o)

Nancy said...

You've been busy! What a great way to do something different with stamps you already have!

Kristie said...

Thanks so much for the award Holly...I am so flattered that you think that I deserve it. You definitely made my day!
These cards you've made are just awesome and I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of your work!

Poppy said...

thank you Holly,I really appreciate it.
poppy.x

~amy~ said...

Holly....Gorgeous cards...all of them...you're a busy gal!

Thanks so much for the FABulous Award!

Kat said...

I am overwhelmed, Holly. I think all your strrrretched cards are tall-iffic! *g*

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful and creative Holly! Love your versions and they are all fabulous!

Cynde said...

What a great idea! Just goes to show if we look at our stamps different ways, we can sometimes make better looking than the original. Thats the case here! I'm sure liking the ones you made.
Great inspiration Holly, Thanks!

Rina said...

Wow, I love what you did with these cards. Great job!