Saturday, November 15, 2008

Triple Thanksgiving

I made this Thanksgiving card by stamping it on cardstock and colored it with copic markers. The image is one of the Shy Bear images my sister drew a long time ago and might be available still through I Brake For Stamps.



The word "grateful" is from Stampin Up's Small Script stamp set. I stamped it and it left a mark on the cardstock that I wasn't happy with, so that's when the flower was added. To me the flower looks out of place, but it's better than the mark!

Then I started going through my stash of stuff to gather up blog candy for my up coming 20,000 hits celebration (more on this soon!) and I ran across a tablet of canvas paper. It's canvas like the kind that is stretched on frames for painting, only it's in a pad and it's already primed with gesso. Years ago I stamped on some of this canvas paper and painted the image and it made it look like it was a really old painting. So, I decided to stamp this image again on canvas and use my copics to see how they acted on this product.
First, I stamped my image but very lightly



I just needed enough of an outline to show me where to put color. Here's my image colored - quite messy looking.



I didn't add any color to the bear because I know once it's stamped again it won't need much. So, I re-inked my stamp and used my stamp-a-majig to line it up and stamped over my colored image.



I filled in areas that needed to be filled in and here is my finished card (without the mark this time so it's sans flower!).



I didn't like this as well as what I remembered doing on the canvas before, so I stamped it again on canvas only this time I embossed it with clear embossing powder and painted it with H2o paints.



I have to say that the canvas ones look better in real life than in these pictures, but they are still not as nice looking to me as the one on cardstock. The copics do work well on this canvas though. I think the type of paints I used a long time ago were radiant pearls, but I am not sure and maybe my memory of what it looked like is making it better than it actually was! LOL!
Anyway, I thought you might enjoy seeing these.

On a cute and funny note, we went to the park last night with our dog and I filmed her at play. It's about five minutes long, but I leave it here for your viewing pleasure!



I hope you all have some stamping time in your Saturday and thanks for looing!

6 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL For a minute there, I thought the car was going to drag Riley across the lot. Looks like he got the best of it in the end LOL. Did he stand up on his hind legs and thump his chest??

Thanks for sharing the video, oh yeah, you shared a card too LOL Riley almost made me forget about that! The two were very different. I like how you show us different ways to use different textures. I think I like the first one though, it's more in "MY" comfort zone.

Have a great Saturday Holly...I'm going to a calendar class today :~)

Rina said...

I like what you did with this card. It's perfect for the holidays.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute! I like the top one best, with the flower, but I also like the paper piercing you did on the bottom one. :)

Kat said...

My opinions are purrcisely the same as Sarah's. :-)

CREATE=FUN said...

oh wow
amazing work ;)

Cynde said...

I can't believe you can actually stamp on canvas. Cool idea to read about. Love the video of your dog...he got em didn't he!
Love how you showed both versions on the card. TFS