Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Overload

Happy Saturday everyone! Remember a while back I told you I made so many Christmas cards last year that I didn't need to make any this year? Well I got to thinking that I'd share them with you and maybe you could get some ideas for cards yourself.
There's a lot of them, so grab your coffee and get ready for Christmas Overload!

I think this was the very first card I ever used copic markers on!



This one is so sparkly in real life!



These were all made using a technique called one sheet wonder. You stamp all over a sheet of cardstock and then cut the cardstock up into different pieces and use the pieces to make a bunch of cards.
This is a really great way to mass produce without doing the same thing over and over.



This one uses a used dryer sheet over the stamped image.



This one uses snowflake and flower punches to make a wreath. I added red glitter dots to decorate the wreath and some curly gold wire.



And my all time favorite Christmas card is this one




When the card is opened this is what you see




LOL! What you see on the inside is actually what the stamp looks like. I drew the continuing hill line and stamped a different tree on the left side of the card. Anyone with a dog knows how important the right tree is!
All together I had 55 cards left over from last year, so when I combine those with the ones I've made this year I think I should have enough to send out!
Enjoy your Saturday everyone, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Kristin said...

Holly... I love these cards!! The snowman is the first ever time using Copics?? Wow. My other fave is the OSW... would you mind sending me a close-up? I've seen them several times and really want to try it! Thanks!

Pam in Ar. said...

What cute cards..and funny too! I agree with you, Holly, the last one is my favorite one too...all of that glitter, and when you look at it, you can tell the tree is different from the rest. I thought it was going to say something like the best one's stand apart or something corny like that. So...when I opened it and saw the dog peeing on the tree, I just howled (pun intended) as I rolled on the floor laughing.

Have a great Saturday!

Tracey said...

Fabulous cards!! I love the snowman one. For a first attempt with Copics, it's pretty fabulous!

watchlady said...

thanks for sharing all the beautiful cards today! You have a great weekend!

msfreida said...

OMGosh! How in the world did you come up with such a variety? I LOVE THEM ALL! I agree, the last one is tops...LOVE the unexpected! The dryer sheet one is GORGEOUS and I love the concept of the OSW...what a time-saver! The snowman is so precious, and you were a pro with Copics right from the start! All of these definitely give me some ideas. Now if you could only give me some ideas on how to come up with the TIME!!! Christmas is definitely sneaking up on me and I have way too many projects to finish!

Have an AWESOME weekend, Holly!
Hugs~

catt871 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita said...

Cute cards! I love the idea of One sheet being used on all the cards.

catt871 said...

WOWZERS girl!!!!! I chuckled when I saw the dog card - that is SO true!!! My dog won't pee or Poop on just any ol' tree!!!! WHERE did you get that stamp??? I think I must have it!!!! !LOL

Oh, and I've nominated you for an award on my blog!! Go check it out!!!
Chris

barbd said...

Imagine 55 cards left over and all diferent and unigue .. whoever receives these treasures in indeed lucky ..I love your cards...
Have a great day doing cards..

Kat said...

My fav is the snowman -- how jovial is he!

And I am giggling as I picture Pam howling while ROTFL. *g*

bumblebee creations said...

What an assortment! I just love them all, but gotta that doggy one is the coolest! What a great card!! Hope you have a great sunday!

Debby said...

Goodness, the doggie card is hysterical. And very pretty at the same time.

Nora said...

That last one is an absolute riot - all 3 of my boys gave it an enthusiastic "thumbs up!" (ROFL) Must be a guy thing...

Karen said...

All too cute!