Saturday, December 20, 2008

Doggone it!

Well I had hoped to get this card in the mail a lot earlier but our couple of days of ice kept me from getting this in the mail box (we have a very steep drive way and I couldn't walk to the mailbox!) so the person it went to will probably see it here before it gets to their house!



I didn't really miss the birthday because I didn't know it was her birthday until it was her birthday! LOL! But it's always fun to make a late birthday card because there are such cute late cards you can make! I once deliberately let someone's birthday pass so I could make her a card with a lot of bumble bees on it and use the phrase "Bee lated Birthday!" LOL! I did it though because she is a real fan of anything with bees on it.
Anyway, the card uses the Scottie In A Scarf image from squigglefly. I colored the scarf and then added a little bit of shading to the dog with my copic markers. Then I had some fun by adding white flocking all over the dog and I put some crystal effects on the nose and eyes. Here's a close up so you can see the flocking and the cute nose!



I printed the greeting in a font called Batang. That's another good thing about digital images; if you are adding your own words to the image, you can do it at the same time so you know they will be in the right place before you print. With regular stamps you either have to print your words first and then make the stamp fit in next to the words, or stamp first and then calculate where the printing needs to go before you add the text.
The inside of the card says "Hope it was tee-ruff-ic!" I know, you can groan but I love puns no matter how bad. :P
I hope you have a really fantastic day! Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

That is magnificent Holly :) Such a cute image!!! Another one with loads of possibilities :)

Please pop by my blog there is an award there for you :)

Merry Christmas :)

Heather :)

~amy~ said...

sooo cute, the flocking is perfect-o!

Tracey said...

A fabulous card!!!

Kerri said...

Very cute!!!! Looks like Riley~

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the doggie.

bumblebee creations said...

Awww!! I love it! I gotta get some of that flocking it looks like lots of fun!! My mail lady was really thrilled with her card by the way!! Thanks to you and your girls! I love Squigglefly!

Kristie said...

I love this! The flocking looks great.

Stampmouse said...

oh my gosh that is so my dog. I love it well mine is a west highland terrier but close

msfreida said...

Hee Hee Hee....I am the lucky one to receive this adorable card and I can't tell you how adorable it is IRL! You wouldn't believe the texture the flocking gives! I also will have it on my wish list! No, Holly, I received the card before I saw your post! When I saw it here, I thought...Hey that's my card! You'll never know how much your thoughtfulness meant to me!

Big hugs~

Nancy said...

This is too cute! That flocking is perfect!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is so cute! I love the flock and shiny nose. :)

Debby said...

Cute cute cute. Have you realized yet how articulate I am?