Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just Whistle

I was going to save this card to post later, but today's challenge at cute card Thursday was to make a card using punches, and since this card has a lot of punched circles on it I decided to go ahead and post it today. This is the 2nd post of the day, so if you missed the first one be sure to scroll down and take a look. With this card I wanted to show you that you can combine digital images to create a scene just like you can with rubber stamps. If you are really good with your photo programs you can even one image behind another like masking with rubber stamps. I'm not that good with my photo program though, so my card doesn't have that. I used the scottie dog and the whistling girl from squigglefly. I sized the girl down to be a good size for a card and then shrank the little scottie dog way down to be appropriate for her size.



I colored the image with copics and chalked the sky and grass, and then added a little more depth to the grass with a rubber stamp. After I had the image finished and was ready to actually make a card with it, I couldn't find any patterned paper to go with it! That's why I should go through my papers first and color to match instead of the other way around. Anyway, I ended up creating my own background paper by punching out different sized dots in yellow to match the dots I colored on her dress.
I hand drew the music notes and I know absolutely nothing about music, so I don't know what she's whistling! LOL!
Also, I colored some black on the dog's nose and then added embossing powder to make it look shiny. The words are computer generated in a font called Arno Pro Display.

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Kat said...

I love your polka-dot background -- great idea! And what a cute saying with this image. :-)

mueppi said...

Wow..... what a lovely card and images!
I love it!
hugs Gisela

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, that is such a wonderful image, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

joey said...

Hi, what a fabulous image! gorgeous card. joeyxxx

Gabigabs said...

So beautiful. Wonderful coloring and totally love the depth of the grass.

bumblebee creations said...

Wow!! Oh so cute!! I'm gonna have to get that little girl too! Adorable!! I love the idea of putting more than one image on a card too, never thought of that!! TFS!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

You do such a great job with your coloring..I just love it!

Catherine said...

oh she's adorable, and i wonder what she's whistling about ...LOL!

msfreida said...

This image just makes me smile! The card is adorable and I love how you made your own background paper. Squigglefly has just opened so many doors of possibilities! So glad to be in on the secrets!

alohatammi said...

Cute card. It makes me think of Dorthy & Toto in The Wizard Of Oz. Happy Holidays!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute idea to combine images. Pretty sure I never would have thought of that. Love the dots, too. :)

Stampmouse said...

cute idea LOVE the dog. not sure I would want to do this but I like what you did

Heather "Hev" said...

This is fabulous Holly :)

What an adorable pair :)

Naoual said...

What a cute card! Love the way you've coloured your image!

xx Naoual

Bev said...

this is fabulous! Love all the detail and the beautiful colours. hugs Bev x