Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Little Ballerina & Stuffed Stocking

I've got a cute card to show you today; at least I think it's cute! LOL! What do you think?



The image is one my sister drew and is available at squigglefly.
I printed her out and after heat setting, I colored with copic markers. Then I added some glue to the tutu and sprinkled glitter all over it.

The words are computer generated and then I cut it out with an oval nestability. Do you see my bow!? I was really happy with the way that turned out. I made it following a fantastic video tutorial that Kittie Caracciolo made here.

I also wanted to show you this little treat holder I made using the stocking image at Squigglefly.



The stocking (if you go look at it on the site) has a little holly leaf and berries image on it. One of the beauties of using digital images is that you can erase the holly berries if you don't want them and then print it, or add something besides holly before printing. On this one, I erased the holly leaf and stamped snowflakes on it instead. I printed the image on green and white and then cut out the white parts and glued them to the green stocking. I cut a slit in the stocking to hold the candy cane. With the flipped image I could have easily made the back of the stocking, but this will be glued to a package so I didn't do that here. I just wanted to give you an idea of the versatility you have with digital images.

Also, since it's getting close to Christmas and some of you weren't looking at my blog when I first started it, I thought I'd mention the video I put on you tube for making a Kirigami Christmas tree. Origami is paper folding, and Kirigami is paper folding with cuts too. Anyway, it's a fun tree to make and it always gets a smile from people when they see the star pop out. You can see the video here.

I've got a lot to do today, so I need to get moving! Thanks for looking!


oh, I'll bet you all thought I forgot about announcing the winner of the blog candy! No, I didn't forget. The day I picked in advance was December 4th. On that day 30 comments were made. Random.org picked #28 as the winner. When I went to count, I saw one person commented twice, so that was only counted as one which makes Kathleen the winner of the blog candy! Kathleen, please send me your address and I'll get this package sent off to you. I hope you enjoy your goodies!
And those of you who came to visit for the chance to win, I hope you will continue to come see me!

17 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

your card is so super cute -Your stocking is genious-Kathleen is very lucky girl!!! Gotta go to work-have a great day!!

Pam in Ar. said...

What a cute little Ballerina! If her hair was dark, she would look like my little granddaughter Payton!

I love all of the glittering you've been doing lately...

Congratulations to Kathleen....

Bunny B said...

Awww! That's such a cute card! Congrats to Kathleen!!

msfreida said...

Some little girl would be so tickled to get this card! It's precious! All little girls love glitter, and this card is an eye-catcher!

I could never make a bow like yours, but thanks to your video, I may have a shot! Too bad I didn't learn when DD was younger!

The treat holder is awesome! Digital technology has really made altering your images a breeze...very clever substitution! This one will definitely be cased!

Wow! So much information this early in the AM demands another cup of coffee! Wish you could join me!

Congratulations Kathleen! No need for Santa to come see you now! Have a blast with your toys!

Tracey said...

I think your card is just adorable!! Love that little ballerina!! And the treat holder is a great idea!

Carolyn said...

so cute, love the glitter on the tutu.

Heather "Hev" said...

Absolutely beautiful card and image :)

Congratulations to Kathleen :)

watchlady said...

Awwwwwww.. I love the card today w/the ballerina! And I plan on doing some shopping soon at Squigglefly!

Kat said...

Oh, the ballerina card is so adorable.
And leave it to you to put a 'slice' in the stocking in order to stick a candy cane in there. Great idea!

Congrats to Kathleen -- at least my name is "in" the winner's name. LOL

barbd said...

What an adorable ballerina...Love the sparkles.. this would make a lovely card for a little dancer at her year end show...

Cazzy said...

Well done Kathleen, I am soo jealous!

Savor the Journey said...

Well this darling little lady is just the sweetest!! Very cool card!

Catherine said...

both your card and your little stocking is too cute, Holly :)

Nora said...

Congrats to Kathleen!

That lil ballerina card is absolutely precious...having 3 smelly boys running around me every day, sometimes it's hard to get in a "girly" mode, but I really love that! Thanks for sharing.

*kathleen* said...

OH MY GOSH! YEAH. Thank you thank you.

catt871 said...

CUTE card and stocking!!!! I love it, very cute!!!!

Kristin said...

I really love the ballerina... so sparkly and cute!