Sunday, December 14, 2008

Man's Best Friend

Papercraft Planet had a lot of challenges last week involving the 12 days of Christmas. On the 10th day it was to make a card that had a boy on it. Sounds simple enough doesn't it? I chose an image from squigglefly that could be a boy or a girl (sneaky aren't I?) because this child is all bundled up in a coat and hat so he can play with his dog!



Truth be told, my sister Lynne drew this picture and I think she said it was a girl in her mind when she drew it so I guess I kind of cheated.

I colored with copics and added some blue chalk for the sky. I flocked the cuff and pom pom on his hat with white flocking, and used yellow flocking on the mittens. I have to say that I am enjoying using flocking on things a lot more than I used to. I think it's because now I've got one of those quickie glue pens that makes it so easy to put glue in little places. I've looked for these pens at my local Michaels and Hobby Lobby but haven't found them. My daughter picked mine up for me at a local stamp store in her area, but I found them on line here for less than $2.00 and they last a long time.

Of course the snow on this is liquid applique that I puffed up with a heat gun after it dried. I tied a ribbon around the top and attached a holographic snow flake with a glue dot in the center of the knot. I got a whole bag of these holographic snow flakes at Pier One Imports after Christmas last year for 25 cents! They had them as table confetti.
I'm off to make my weekly grocery list now. I hope you all have a great day, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

catt871 said...

What a great card!!!! That image is too cute!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

He looks so mischievous...and the snow looks... well, cold LOL, you achieved the look you were going for :~) I need to get some of that puffy paint....

Great card!

Kristin said...

Cute!

Thanks for the reply yesterday, I went ahead and tried the OSW and will show 2 cards on my blog with it. I liked 1, okay with the other, and the 3rd I threw away!

Question about downloading images... I have an inkjet printer- the copics won't bleed??

msfreida said...

Another AWESOME image! You really amaze me with your copics! These colors are so vivid and you have just the right touch! AWESOME job on the snow...looks so real!BRRRR! Precious card, Holly!

Kat said...

LOVE that shade of blue!
And the snow turned out great!
Uh, I would not like to see a little *boy* have those curls hanging onto his face. LOL As it is, it bugs me when I see a kid on tv (or in 'purrson'!), think it's a girl ... 'cuz of longer hair ... and find out it's a boy. ;-]

bumblebee creations said...

oooohhhhh! That means even more images over at squigglefly! I'm gonna have to take a peak! Love this little (girl-boy) with the little doggie! I am also gonna have to try some of that snow stuff, it is so cool looking!

Nora said...

I was wondering where that snowflake came from...never would have thought about table confetti. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Adorable! I love how you did the snow.