Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Give-A-Damn's Busted

Well another week is almost over and Christmas is only two weeks away. Amazing isn't it? Something else that's amazing (and a little disappointing to me) is how much the number of comments dwindled once the blog candy winner was announced. Oh well, maybe the comments dwindled but people are still coming. I know I visit a lot of blogs and I don't commment on every single one either.
Speaking of the blog candy winner, Kathleen if you are reading this you need to contact me so I can send you the box. If I don't hear from Kathleen by Monday, I will go back to random.org and get a new number.

Anyone who likes country music may recognize the title of this post as a Jo Dee Messina song, but it's also a favorite new saying of my boss's wife so I thought I'd make her this card.



I used another image from Squigglefly and colored it with copics. The background paper is from Basic Grey's Mellow paper pack. I wrapped the ribbon around the paper and then tied a bow separately and attached it with a glue dot.
The words are computer generated with a font called Cooper Std. Black, and after cutting them out with an oval nestabilities die I sponged around the edges and attached it with pop dots.
A very quick card to make, but it's sure to make her smile!
I hope it made you smile too!
Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Oh...I need this one :~) that's right up there with, "What The Hell Wednesday", on "The View" LOL (I just love to see those ladies go at it :~)

Your bosses wife will love it!!

huntla1 said...

I didn't comment while there was candy. Thought I would today. I look everyday -- when I see something that strikes me I leave google reader and come on over to comment. Blog candy doesn't always entice me. Take care.

catt871 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the sentiment!!! LOL I really need to head to squigglefly!!!

I know what you mean about comments dwindling - mine did the same thing!!!! But you know you have your faithful readers, and we love your work, so don't get discouraged!!!

Chris

catt871 said...

I just thought of something - you use copics with your squigglefly images you print off - how does the printer ink react to the copics? Obviously it looks FAB, do you have a special ink in your printer or is it regular ol' printer ink?

Debby said...

Cute cute cute. And I'll always be back! :-)

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I'm still here! Things are crazy right now though and I'm not commenting anywhere as often as I used to/would like to. :( You're in my reader though!

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the saying!

*kathleen* said...

i LOVE that sentiment

bumblebee creations said...

Love the card Holly!! I think this is a great time of the year for that saying too! On one hand this time of year is so fun and rewarding-on the other hand it is filled with stress for everyone-and ya get to that point some days-where it is like "whatever"!! Thank you for sharing!!

Nancy said...

Love that busted give a damn card! I've still been stalking you everyday to see your great creations, just haven't commnented on all of them. Things have been pretty busy!
Hugs!

Catherine said...

this is way too cute, Holly and yes i'm still here :)

msfreida said...

Holly, you have an old faithful here! I'm a creature of habit and yours is one of the 1st blogs I read in the morning. Only today, our internet was knocked out due to the storms that went through last night. It screwed up my whole day! I didn't get to get my daily dose of inspiration to kick-start my day. Oh well...thanks Comcast!

I can totally identify with this card! I love the attitude she projects and your sentiment is perfect! AWESOME bow too!

Just so you'll know, your blog IS CANDY! Hugs~

Tracey said...

Love this card. That sentiment is fabulous!!! And I love the Squigglefly images.

Stampmouse said...

LOVE It the saying is perfect

Kari C said...

I love the "attitude" of this image! Hope your bosses wife likes it!