Sunday, December 21, 2008

Never Ending Story

A couple of very special people are celebrating over 50 years of marriage this very day. I wanted to make them an anniversary card that let them know what a wonderful couple I think they are. I rummaged through some images that I've received in trades and found this cute Hanglar one. I think it's perfect with the saying.



The saying is printed out on my computer in a font called Liberty.
I colored with copics and added some chalk to the background and glitter pen to the wings. I notched the corners of the main image with a punch and then wrapped some metallic thread that has some pink undertones to it around the edges. I added a little bit of highlights to the cheeks with a white gel pen. Magnolia says to do that with their images, so I tried it!

We have had such wonderful weather the last couple of days, but they are calling for a drastic drop in temps tonight. I'm looking forward to it; cold weather outside and a nice warm fire inside! I hope you are all staying warm and enjoying your Sunday!

I will be taking a break from blogging during the next week so that I can celebrate Christmas with my family. I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas and I promise to have some fun stuff to show you when I come back! Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

watchlady said...

and a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you & your family.

catt871 said...

Gorgeous card!!!! They will love it!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family too!!!
Chris

msfreida said...

Ohhh, how sweet! The sentiment is perfect and I know your friends will treasure this! Your coloring still amazes me. You're such a pro!

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

A very merry christmas to you and your family as well! I love this card-very cute image! I'm gonna have to try that with the gel pen on the cheeks! Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what your going to come up with over Christmas! Love the raccoon!!!! : )

Kat said...

I hope you get a very special Christmas gift from Riley. *woof*
But even if she did not get the chance to sneak out & shop for you, Holly, you will always have the BEST gift from her --> her LOVE.
Merry CHRISTmas and a blessed 2009!

Tracey said...

Such a sweet card!!! A very Merry Christmas to you and all the best for 2009!!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Enjoy your time with your family. Merry Christmas!

Pam in Ar. said...

Great card Holly...I looked this morning and didn't have an update so when I clicked on the site, I see you're taking the week off.

Merry Christmas to you and just my opinion...I don't think you'll last the week without posting something...you'll miss us too much LOL

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is awesome!

Merry Christmas, Holly!