Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ooh ooh! Aah Aah!

Last week I went with my best friend to her daughter's house. They had just moved and it was my first time to see their new house. While I was there, their little three year old daugther Katelyn showed me her room and she asked me to read her a story. While I was reading about the Sneetches on the beaches, she pulled a little folded letter off of her dresser and said it was a letter her Nana had written her. She asked me if I would write her a letter sometime. I told her that I would love to write her a letter, but that I liked to send cards to people. I said "What would you like to see on your card from me?" and she said "Ooh ooh! Aah Aah!" I laughed and said "What is ooh ooh aah aah?" and she smiled real big and said "A monkey silly!" Now how could I not have known that!? So this card is going to Katelyn.



I used two images that I received in a package I got from Catt earlier in the year when I won some blog candy from her. I originally planned on having the monkey hanging in the tree and I was going to make him swing back and forth by attaching him with a brad. That didn't work out though because the monkey was too big for the tree. I found myself thinking "If these were digital images I could make the tree bigger or the monkey smaller!"
Anyway, I hope Katelyn remembers that she asked for a monkey card!

Still making some Valentine cards too. I used the same image from yesterday, but made this card using some really cool paper that I got in a swap. I wish I could find this paper around here! It feels spongy, but it's sparkly and has this embossed design on it. The ribbon is just a bunch of loops all tied together. Click on the picture for a better look.




Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Katelyn is a lucky little girl! LOL
I'll bet she remembers your conversation...kids are like elephants...they NEVER forget :~)

catt871 said...

Cute cards...both of them!!! I'm glad to see you used the images I sent.....yeahhhh!!!!! Your colouring is awesome!!!! So should we expect to see some monkey and tree images on squigglefly soon??? tee heee

Tracey said...

Katelyn is too funny!! These cards are super cute!!

Kat said...

Ooo...ahhh.... The purr-eciousness of a 3-yo little girl! She is going to love the monkey card - it looks like it is waving to her. :-)

And the kitty card is, of course, purr-fection! Yah, love that spongy/sparkly paper! I've not seen it anywhere, else I'd send ya some.

Debby said...

Now these are more Hollyish. Cute images, colors, layering and your coloring is beautiful. See what I mean?

bumblebee creations said...

Both of your cards are absolutely adorable!!! I have purchased this little kitty with the big heart! Think it is just right for valentines cards-thanks to squigglefly!

Peggy said...

Sooo cute... you will make an everlasting impression upon that young girl with your cards.