Monday, December 15, 2008

Sweet Gift Card Holder

I have a few people I'm giving gift cards to for Christmas and instead of just giving the gift card in a card I thought I'd wrap up some giant candy bars and attach the gift card to the candy bar. I also like to make these candy bars for the mailman at my house and our office. Here are the two kinds I made this year. SANTA BAR SNOWMAN BAR The snowman one is a free graphic being offered by Laurie Furnell at her blog. Isn't it cute? She put a real knit hat on hers, but I made mine out of paper and glued a pom pom to the top. Little baby socks with the toe cut out would probably make a cute hat for it, or a small knit glove! Remember the video clip of our dog Riley getting the remote control car that I shared a while back? Well she has gotten a lot better at catching that thing! She grabs it and swings it around in a circle! Watch this short clip of her at the park this weekend. sorry about that...the video never loaded. I'll try again when I get home from work! okay, here it is (I hope!)


videoThat's all I have time for this morning! I'm in a rush; the weekend went by way to fast! Hope you all have happy Monday, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Riley said...

awwww these are so cute!!! i love it!

msfreida said...

These are precious! I know the receivers will appreciate the time you put into making them. You are one thoughtful gal!

Hugs~

watchlady said...

HI Holly-- the candy bars are so cute! I bought a similar one of the snowman at a craft show this year! heading back to look at the video!

Chesney said...

lol, I see you did end up cutting out the piece we were discussing.

bumblebee creations said...

can't wait to see the video-these both are absolutely adorable!!! what a cool idea!!

Nora said...

Doncha just love that little snowman of Laurie's? She gave that as a gift last year to the board members over at PC Crafter (we call her "Doodlebug" - she's one of their contributing artists) - I've seen ladies wrap him around dominoes and make the cutest little lapel pins or turn him into glass block lights. A very versatile design, for sure.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful ideas!

Pam in Ar. said...

Riley doesn't realize that the car is almost as big as she is LOL...the candy covers are a cute idea for a simple yet cute fix for a plain ole candy bar....love the idea...

I want to know what you cut out of the movie :~)

bolha said...

Love that snowman.
x Natasha x

Kerri said...

Yippeee for Riley!! Too funny. Wonder what my two puppies would do with a remote control truck. We already know that the cat gets tortured enough!

Karen said...

Love the snowman. This is so cute!

Toota-loo,
Karen

Nora said...

Hey, Holly! Go by this blog (http://scrappygmasplace.blogspot.com/)
and see what she did with Laurie's snowman...

Kat said...

Gee, that is one ferocious doggy. LOL Don't ya just wonder what she thinks she is 'killing'? ha-ha!

Kristin said...

These are so cute, love the snowman!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

These are so cute! And thank you for the card you sent us. I thought it was hilarious. :)