Friday, December 12, 2008

You're So Sweet!

The featured stamper on Splitcoast stampers was Sunday and I made this card



based on this card.

This image is one of the new released images at Squigglefly, and is one my sister Lynne drew. I just think this little girl is so precious! This would make a good thank you card or even Valentine's Day card. I colored with copic markers and chalked the background. The words are computer generated in Bradley Hand font.

I'm so glad that today is Friday! I don't know how the week can go by so slow yet the month flies by. Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? I'm going to try to get my Christmas cards addressed and ready to mail out on Monday. I also need to go through my Christmas list and see who else I need to get something for. Are you all finished with your Christmas shopping or gift making?
Speaking of Christmas, someone on one of my rubber stamping lists shared this poem that I thought was funny and want to share with you. I'm sure most of you can relate!

Twas the night before Christmas, I'm glued to the tree.
I'm wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be cardstock or chipboard or lace?
Or a Cricut, I thought, with a smile on my face.
And that's when I heard him, "Hi Santa," I said
"You know....good little girls should be in their beds."
"I know I should Santa, and now I've got caught.
but I was just so excited to see what you brought."
"Well, let's take a look in this room where you work.
He shook his head quickly, and left with a jerk.
I heard him exclaim as he put it in gear.
"You've got enough crap, I'll see you next year!"

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog today!

8 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

OMGosh!!! I think Santa's been to MY craft space too LOL.....Love the poem...

That ice cream cone sure looked good :~)Have a Happy Friday Holly....

msfreida said...

I LOVE this image...gave me a chill though when I looked at the ice cream...brrrr! You always pick the best colors for your cards. I'm hoping one day I will be close to the accomplished Copic lady as you!

I LOVE THIS POEM! It is so typical for anyone in our craft! Thanks for the chuckle!

Have an awesome weekend. Can't wait to see what you have going on on Monday!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute! She reminds me of the Campbell's soup kids!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! The little girl looks like she is really enjoying her ice cream. The poem is fantastic. TFS!

Beth M said...

Love your card! I found your blog from the link on Squigglefly. So glad I did!

Kat said...

So verrryyyy nicely colored & "put together". That little gal ought to take *bites* out of her ice cream ... else, she could end up with scoops on her shoes. LOL

Catherine said...

oh i'm loving these girls, Holly. They're just too cute!

Mandiannie said...

I love that stamp. It's cute. I was also enjoying your poem that you shared.