Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bright Birthday

Hi everyone! Look what we got yesterday!



okay, I'd be lots more excited if it was snow. I know ice causes all kinds of problems, but it's just so pretty! I love being outside when the trees are covered in ice. It's like being in a blown glass fairy land. Here's one more of some red berries in a tree.



Really we were lucky because the ice didn't stick to the roads at all here. The temperatures have been in the 70's the past couple of days so the ground was just too warm. It's sure a crazy weather change though from 70 to 30 in a day!

Here's another birthday card I made. This one uses two Stampin Up stamp sets; Cheery Chat for the words and Simply Said for the flowers.



Rather a simple card, but I like the brightness of it. The flowers were colored with copic markers in colors I picked to go with the paper I used. I added stickles to the centers.
I lightly traced a portion of the letters in the greeting just to help bring them out some. Do you like the way that looks? I kind of do!
Before I go, I wanted to tell you about some fun Valentine blog candy being given away at Stamps, Paper, Scissors. Good luck to you if you enter!
Thanks for stopping by! :)

11 comments:

msfreida said...

Ohhh, I love these bright colors!...so cheerful! Precious card! Love your tip about tracing over the letters...really makes them pop!TFS

I,too,love the icy affect!Although this time, I'm glad it missed us. School started back today and I have had 1 very bored teenager at home! Just be careful while you're out.

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree...the colors are so pretty. I think with all of this crazy weather we're having...maybe you need to do some more snow cards, or ice skating LOL

Anita said...

Cute card! I like the bright colors.

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

so cute how you put the card on top of your markers! You have wonderful fun ideas to follow! Thank you!
-Heidi

Kat said...

Oh Holly - yes, this is a simple card but I love it! I also like the colored tracing on the letters 'cuz it ties it in with the flowers' stems. Nice! And of course I love the PINK ribbon. :-)

I agree with you about the ice being so beautiful. God certainly is the ULTIMATE artist! Hard to believe there's all that ice on the trees but none on the roads. From 70º to 30º -- brrrr!!

bumblebee creations said...

What a bright card, and love your pics too! This years weather has been weird!

Kristin said...

This is a great card, Holly! Love all your work... and your daughter's images! Hope the new company is a complete smash success!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is very cheery and pretty and I like it a lot! When I was a teenager I lived for a while in southwest Missouri. I saw my very first enchanted ice-covered world there. I was just awestruck to wake up in the morning and see it like that. Fascinating and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos.

Ila said...

Gorgeous birthday card...I love the colors and the stamps you used! ....I think the words look Fabulous shadowed with color like this!!...Lovely photos too...TFS!!..Hugs, Ila

Emma said...

Gorgeous pics...I love it all frosty and icy too but only when I can stay indoors!!

Lovely bright card...really pretty.

Emma x

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

My whole friggin' city is a big ice rink. It's insane. The trees are beautiful, though. And the card is super cute, too!