Friday, January 23, 2009

Butterfly In Green

Yea! It's Friday! I don't have anything exciting planned for the weekend, but I'm still glad the weekend is here. I will have the video tutorial on the flip up card here tomorrow! I also have something else fun to show you how to do, but I'm not telling you what! It's hard to believe this month is almost over, isn't it?
Today I made a monochromatic card using different shades of green copic markers.



I don't know who makes the butterfly image; it was in my pile of unmounted stamps. It's a very quick and easy card to make. Took absolutely no time to color and the rest is just lots of layers and a little sponging. I don't make monochromatic cards very often, but sometimes they can really be striking!
Okay, I'm off to work now, but I sure thank you for stopping by. Be sure to come back tomorrow for the video.

8 comments:

Norine said...

this is very pretty love the colors on this one
hugs
Norine

Pam in Ar. said...

The gold ribbon adds so much bling to the card....very nice Holly :~)

msfreida said...

OHHH, how stunning! These colors are sooo pretty! I love how you did the border and the gold ribbon just sets it off!This is the type card I need to make several of...can be used for any occasion! Thanks for the inspiration,Holly!

Enjoy your weekend...gonna be a wet one here!

Hugs~

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Heather, this is such a gorgeous card hunny. It looks very sophisticated, what a gorgeous butterfly stamp! hugs Linda x

Kat said...

Very lovely. And I bought the Martha Stewart "doily lace" edge punch like you used on this card. I used a 50%-off coupon at Michael's! :-)

Annasmama said...

A lovely card! You are very right, sometimes it doesn`t need a lot of colours.
Of course I`ll be back for the video! :-))

Hugs, Renate

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors!