Monday, January 12, 2009

Divine Bath

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. I was able to get a lot of stamping done which is always fun, and I also was able to get pictures for the tutorial you all wanted. The tutorial will be posted tomorrow. I just have to finish typing it up!
I really had fun making today's card. The image is just a fun one and that makes putting the whole card together a real treat.




Don't you love it? She is from squigglefly and is just one of several they are planning for a Divine Bovine series. I colored her with copics and then just got fun with choosing ribbon, paper, and adding stickles for the soap bubbles. I thought the circles on the ribbon kind of looked like soap bubbles and it was blue which matched the towel on her head!
The words are computer generated, and I printed the word "Moood" in a larger, different font separately and popped it up. That font is called Cow Spots and you can download it free here. At the last minute I added some rain dots that I've had forever to the words panel. They are called SPLAT, and I thought it looked like she had splashed a little water out of her tub! LOL!

Yesterday Kerri asked what my favorite meal for company is. My favorite meal is a recipe my husband got from the internet and decided to try. It's called Tuscan Steak with Creamed Spinach and it's wonderful! It is my favorite because he cooks it! LOL! The video he follows to make this dish is here.

oh, I wanted to share this with you because it never fails to make me laugh.

Okay, I've got to run but be sure to come back tomorrow and check out the tutorial! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

OMGosh...I'm going to have to remember the orange teeth for next Halloween..that is too funny LOL he looks like he was having way too much fun with them too :~)

I guess even cows like a good bath every now and then huh :~) Love the rain spots and ribbon, they make the card work...

msfreida said...

What well thought out details! Girl, you're just so put together!

First, with the image...totally hilarious! Then the stickles...what an awesome affect for bubbles! You had the perfect ribbon...lucky girl! I simply MUST get this font...I hoard fonts like some hoard candy! Then, the rain dots added the perfect accent! What a FABULOUS card! :)

I think I will have to try the orange teeth on Carson when he gets in from school! We were just talking about dentist appointments! That is a great trick!

Hugs~

Anita said...

Cute card! I love this image.

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly! Hope you had as much fun as I did coloring my divine bovine!! They are simply too cute!! Cant wait to see more! TFS!!

Kristine B. said...

Your card is soooo CUTE!! LOVE that soaking cow and saying. funny video too. I have an award for you on my blog! :)

renee said...

Love the card and the video had me laughing out loud thanks so much for sharing. blessings. Renee

Barb said...

I love the card! Great image, and I love all of the glitter on the bubbles.

Shannon said...

Hee Hee.....this is really cute!!!! Ms. Bovine seems really happy and relaxed.

Annasmama said...

Such a sweet card, such a divine bathing cow! :-)))
Hugs, Renate

Ann said...

Okay, I thought the card was funny until I clicked on the video--hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

technology said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.