Saturday, January 31, 2009

Enjoy Your Day

Good morning everyone! I can hardly believe it's already the end of January. Spring is right around the corner! I already see forsythia bushes in bloom around the neighborhoods and the jonquils are poking their heads up as well!
The card I have today gave me a bit of trouble. I had the image all colored and I liked it, but I couldn't figure out what to do with it. This is the reason I should pick out a sketch and papers before hand, but I usually just color and image and then make a card. Anyway, after much looking through all of my papers I finally picked out this purple paper with little different colored flowers on it and went from there. I figured the purple went with the color I used for the chair, and it had little yellow flowers that would go with the color I made the background wall, and my scallop rectangle has pink that goes with the pink flowers. The green I used for her shoes doesn't really go with the green in the paper, but oh well!



So then I went to emboss the bottom of the card and much to my dismay I had the folder backwards and the swiss dots were debossed instead! So I had to change my plan and make the embossed dots on top! Once I had the whole card made I had to come up with a sentiment of some kind. This kid really looks comfortable enjoying a good book, so I printed out "Enjoy Your Day" in a purple color in a font called Batik Regular. I sponged around the edges and mounted it on pop dots. Now that it's all finished I'm rather pleased with it! Looking at it now you'd never know the trouble it gave me would you?
Have you received your squigglefly newsletter? I am so excited to see that they are going to have a Divine Bovine card contest. Those images are just so funny to me; I can't wait to see what gets submitted!
Well, enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

I really like that stamp! Thanks for sharing. I went on ebay just to buy and old sizzix so I can emboss, the stylus and textured plates are too much on me. Now I just have to learn how to use it! Thanks for sharing. ;-)

Lauri said...

Your coloring is unbelievable! and what a cute stamp! Thanks for stopping by my blog...can you send some of the pre-spring ness up here to Connecticut??

Pam in Ar. said...

Purrrrfect card Holly. All the little girl needs is a cat sitting on the back of the chair :~)
The color combinations turned out great, you'd never know how much thought you had to put into this card.....

Have a great Saturday :~)

PatBowman said...

Oh, that card turned out SO cute!! Love it!

msfreida said...

Ahhh, another one of my favorite images from Squigglefly! I love the colors you used to color it and the paper is PERFECT! Your hard work paid off!

Yes, I got my newsletter and boy was it exciting with all the teasers! I also was impressed with their thoughtful gesture of lowering the prices. I never thought they were too high because of the quality of the work and the versatility they have, but in today's economy, every bit saved is a huge help! KUDOS to Squigglefly! :)

Hugs~

Kat said...

Hey Holly ~ Your "overthinking" about this card paid off. LOL It looks great! And I like the girl's green shoes; I think it is cute that they are so bright. Seriously! And of course I just *love* anything that has the Swiss Dots on it! :-)
P.S. I agree with Pam ... a kitty "in this picture" would round out the image purrfectly. =^..^=

Norine said...

This is so cute love the stamp
Hugs
Norine

Anita said...

Cute card! I do the same as you. I color first than try to figure out how to use the image.

Annasmama said...

Your card looks just as if you planned it to be exactly like it is - and it`s so beautiful in every detail! :-))

Hugs, Renate

And if only I knew that you didn`t know the name of the flowers, I never would have mentioned it......... ;-)))

barbd said...

I "really" liked how it turned out despite all your trials. Good job.I like all the new images in the news letter. I am going have to try the cat with an attitude.Just not sure how to do his coat..

Kristie said...

This is sooooo cute.....looks a lot like me yesterday, 'cept my legs are much longer....LOL!

Anonymous said...

love it. what I love most though is that you admit when you make a mistake and show us how to work with it to make something special.

thanks,
cat