Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flip Up Card Tutorial!

Hi everyone! Well here's the video tutorial I promised you on how to make a flip up card like you saw here.

I want you to know that I did not come up with the idea or pattern. It was one I learned a long time ago when I first started stamping only it was a long card that fit in a business sized envelope. I just adjusted the measurements so it would fit in a smaller envelope. You can still change the measurements some and make it fit in any size you want! This is the card I'm making on the video



I colored the image with copic markers and added little liquid pearls to some of the shoes. The sentiment is printed out on my computer with a font called Orlando. The template for the flip up piece is here



I'm not exactly dressed nicely as this was filmed right after I got home from a park outing with Riley, and you can see my desk is a real mess, but the purpose is to show you how to make a really fun card and I think you can if you watch this. So, without further ado here is the video, and thanks for watching!

14 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

This is tremendous!!!!!!

I might try one!

Thanks Holly :)

bumblebee creations said...

So cool-thanks so much Holly for showing us all how to do this!! I've been mia lately-and see I have missed some new images over at squigglefly!! Whoohoo!! I can't wait till tomorrow when I have more time to go through them!! Have a great weeekend!

Sherry said...

Tutorial is just great! you make it look so easy -- can't wait to try.

msfreida said...

You and your daughter did a FABULOUS job on this! You made it look so simple that maybe even I can do it! I just need to get me a scoring do-dad! Thanks for taking the time to do it for us! YOU ROCK,HOLLY!

I LOVE what you did with this image!It's one of my favorites and you did such an awesome job, as always!

Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs~

Pamela Palm said...

This is great Holly! I think I'll try to make it for a club swap once I figure out how I want to decorate it.
thanks for sharing.

Kat said...

I must admit, Holly, that my favorite part of this video is ... hearing your wonderful little southern accent. LOL

Anita said...

Cute card! The video was great!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fab tutorial, and an adorable card! Love you southern voice...it's wonderful!

Karen said...

This is such a pretty card & I enjoyed the tutorial. I am definitely trying this one! Thanks again. Keep up the great work!

Toota-loo,
Karen

Cheri Howard said...

Cute card, Holly! There's something waiting for you over at my blog... ;o)

Pam in Ar. said...

What a great tutorial Holly!! I love the image, I can see so many different ways to use it...thanks for doing this for us :~))

ClePatB said...

Oh my gosh - thanks for sharing this!! I'm going to have to give it a try soon.

Terri said...

Great tutorial! So glad you liked the card I made. I don't know why you couldn't see the video. It was just my daughter showing how it worked so you didn't miss much.

Star Ark Creativity said...

Think you for giving a templet on the flip out. And I love your cards you make. So thank you again for taking the time to make a video on how to make one of your cards.
Have a great day :)
Delama