Thursday, January 15, 2009

How Was It?

Hi everyone! If you haven't commented on yesterday's card yet, you have until noon today to do it to be in the running to win it. I'll be back at noon today (or somewhere close to noon) to announce the winner.
Someone asked me to make a birthday card for their 88 year old grandfather. They said he had a good sense of humor, so I hope she is telling me the truth!



You can't see in the photo, but the background is stamped all over with the crosshatch background from Stampin Up. I just stamped it in a green that is a close match to the card, so the camera isn't picking it up. In real life the card doesn't look so stark and plain.
Anyway, I colored the image with copics, but this image from Art Impressions was stamped on a watercolor paper and the copics are kind of light in color so I think it makes it look watercolored. This image was sent to me by my partner in the We Love To Send A RAK group last month at Papercraft Planet.
I computer generated the words in Comic Sans font. The inside says
"How was it? Happy Birthday". LOL!
I think that when (God willing) I reach 88 years of age, I'd enjoy getting a card that was funny and poked fun instead of something all stuffy or generic!
Enjoy your day, and I'll be back later to announce the winner of yesterday's card! Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Well, if I was a grandfather and had a sense of humour I'd love this card. I hope it goes down well. Kym

Amy Johnson said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. This card is so funny. My DH's grandfather is in his 90's and will be having a b-day this month. I'm sending him a funny card like this too!

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL He will love it!

bumblebee creations said...

Very cute card!! I'm sure he will love it! Love your coloring!!

msfreida said...

Oh Holly, God knows we will still need your inspiration so I know he'll keep you around, so I will make sure you get one! (yeah, I know I am older than you, but I made a deal with Him to give me enough time to be around when my DD has teenagers!)

This is the GREATEST card! I would love to make one for my Dad who will be 82 in Sept...and he STILL holds down a job! When he retired, he couldn't handle his idle time so he got a job at Home Depot. He has been there now for 12 yrs and takes pride in being their OLDEST employee nationally! They LOVE him! I really believe his sense of humor and stubbornness has kept him going! This is one gene I hope he passed to me!

I love your coloring...especially on his face! You just know how to work those Copics! I know he will get a kick out of it!

Hugs~

catt871 said...

CUTE!!! What company made that stamp?? He is hilarious - looks just like my dad!!! LOL

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love the image.

Norine said...

how funny is this love it
hugs
Norine

About Me.... said...

LOL I love this card! The image is just to cute. thanks for sharing. blessings. Renee

Pam SCS "craftea19" said...

Hi Holly, Thanks for visiting my blog. I just had to pop over and take a peek at your blog. It's wonderful! I love your cards. This little ole' fella is a hoot! And you did such an awsome job coloring him!