Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'd Be Lion

Well here it is the very first day of 2009! Looking back 2008 sure did pass by in a big blur didn't it? I want to wish all of you the best in the new year.
If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card, you have until noon today to do so to be in the running to win it.

Today I started off making a Valentine's Day card, but when it all came together it didn't fit Valentine's Day anymore, so I'm going to make it a cute kid's birthday card instead. I had this whole plan to color this little lion cub and I'd make a simple little valentine that would say "I'd be lion if I didn't want you to be my Valentine", but this is what happened instead.



It just didn't feel right working with reds or pinks and this color didn't work for Valentine's Day. I'm still thinking on what I'll make this card say. I could go the whole "wild thing" route and have it say "Happy Birthday you wild thing!" on the inside. I'm just not sure. I'd love to hear your suggestions on what this card should say.
I'll be back around noon to announce the winner of yesterday's card!
Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

LaVerne said...

Great card! You can't hide your lion" eyes......Happy Birthday?

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This reminds me of simba from the lion king... pinned ya! ;) Too cute!

Heather "Hev" said...

Happy New Year :)

If you pop over to my blog I have something speical for you ok :)

Honour Roll

Hugs Heather

Tracey said...

So cute!! Happy New Year!

Cazzy said...

How about "I hope your birthday is Purrfect". That lion looks too cute to roar, bit of a pussycat I think.

Kristine B. said...

super duper cute! LOve your primas on there too :)

Kat said...

Holly, I think this lion could be used for a Valentine's card. Pink cs background could match the pink on its nose & inner ears.

For this card, you could put: "Just LION around .... thinking of you." ;-) [But of course I *love* Cazzy's idea!!!] =^..^=

Nora said...

Who said Valentine's Day HAS to be done in red and pink?!? I think it could still work...how about "I'd be lion if I said I wasn't crazy about you!"
(when I first saw him, I thought "Simba," too!)

Emma said...

Super cute...love the wild thing but also Cazzys.
Emma x

Pam in Ar. said...

Happy New Year Holly.... I'd be lion if I said I didn't like this card :~)
OK too much lion stuff...couldn't resist... I do like the card and you're right..it doesn't look like a Valentine card....
good choice for a kids birthday card...

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

I love the wild thing idea...although he looks awfully sweet and tame!!

Debby said...

Ah. Looks like Nala. Sarah says Simba I say Nala. Love it.