Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's A Good Thing You're Cute!

That is what this card almost said because my husband and I find ourselves saying that to our dog a lot! LOL! I have to say though that she hasn't ever torn up a pillow or couch cushion like this naughty puppy!



Isn't this a fun image? It's one of the latest ones added to squigglefly's ever growing image library. I colored the pillow and the dog with copic markers. The background was chalked. I drew the wall/floor line and then chalked pink stripes for the wallpaper. The fun part came when I glued down pieces of cotton to mimic the stuffing in the pillow!
I used a red card and printed the phrase in a Boopee font. Then I had to use the new cuttlebug borders embossing folders since I just picked mine up. Where I messed up was doing one on the side and one on the bottom, because where the overlap happened it flattened my previous embossing. Miss too smart for her own good thought she could "fix" that by running a stylus embosser on the backside and making the flat area pop back out. All I did was make it worse, so that's why the bow is stuck in the corner. It looks out of place and I plan on re-doing this whole card, but I didn't have time to before today's post so I'm stuck showing you this.

Hey, my good friend Rhonda is offering some divine PIF's on her blog, so you should go and check it out!

I need to go make a grocery list and get ready to do our weekly grocery shopping. If any of you are like me and hate planning meals, I have the solution for you! I used to feel like I was always cooking the same five or six things every single week. Then I found this blog and meal planning wasn't so hard. It's a blog that talks about home organization and there are always a ton of good ideas and tips on there, but my very favorite part is what she calls menu plan Monday. Every Monday she posts her menu for the week along with recipes, and other girls post their menus on their blogs and they are all linked there. It's great because if they try a new recipe they report back on how easy or hard it was to make and how well it went over with their families. Anyway, just thought I'd share that with ya'll!
Have a happy Sunday and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Shirley said...

very cute card...... Have a great time grocery shopping.. and hey please get something good !!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Aw...that little guy looks like one of my friend's dogs, her name is Sadie and she is a handful! Last time I was at her house, she kept jumping in my lap trying to lick my lips. I finally looked her in the eyes and told her I was sorry, but I didn't "tongue" on the first date LOL...she settled down on my lap after that and we had a quiet evening :~)

Thanks for the web site...I'm ALWAYS having a hard time trying to come up with something new for dinner.....

Danni said...

This is totally adorable! Great job!

Kerri said...

You keep making cards of my animals!! My beagle boys have been attacking things lately but thankfully have only destroyed one stuffed animals. Stuffing EVERYWHERE!!

I also meal plan. I need to sit down today and get it figured out for the week. I am having friends over on Friday night so I want to make sure I have everything I need. It really helps on the grocery budget and sanity on "what's for dinner!" each night. Let me know if you have a favorite company dinner!

msfreida said...

Oh, this is one of my favorites! I love how you added the "stuffing"!! Too cute! Your coloring still amazes me!I've also have had to add unintentional embellishments many times, but the bow looks great!

I will definitely check out the meal planning site...only thing, I have too many picky eaters! I am so tired of cooking the same thing every night...chicken gets old after a while! Can't wait to see her ideas on organization...I might just have a garage sale inside just to get rid of the clutter!

Kat said...

Gee, Holly, I was admiring the ribbow bow - and then read what you said about its being out of place there. I don't think so! It is where you open the card, so your eyes get drawn to that area just before you open it. Anyway, love the cotton idea - sure makes the doggie's actions come to life. LOL

catt871 said...

HAHAH!! I love this one!!!! The stuffing you added is a perfect touch!! My DH & I say that to my dog all the time "It's a good thing your so damn cute!!!" His cuteness has saved him a zillion times!!! LOL

Cynde said...

Your card is Darling! Also thanks for the site to check out menus for the week. I like you get tired of always fixing the same things. Wouldn't be so hard if my husband wasn't such a fussy eater....:C

Diane said...

Cute card, I laughed when I saw it, as I once had a Dalmation, came home from work and she had unstuffed the arm of my sofa, and I had just bought it, I was divorced and a single Mom at that time and had saved for the sofa for a year, had it one week...well you get the picture.....the dog, she still remained a part of the family!

sticker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.