Monday, January 26, 2009

It's A Snap!

Hi everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I started getting sick on Saturday and now I'm feeling pretty bad with a sore throat and a tight chest. I am going to try to get to the doctor today. My husband and I were just talking about how neither one of us has been sick in a long time.

I want to give a big shout out to Cheri for passing this award to me!



Go take a look at her wonderful blog The Paper Freak and check out how creative this girl is!

Speaking of creative people, I've got to tell you about my friend Nicole. She has been working hard for a long time now to come up with an absolutely adorable stamp line and it's finally about to happen for her. I'm so excited about these and so happy for her because it's been a dream of hers for a while. I know that you will love them! Take a look at the sneak peeks she has on her blog at Inky Impressions right now and be sure to leave her some love! Tell her I sent you!

And another place I'm going to send you is to Rhonda's blog Bumblebee Creations because she has some fabulous blog candy up for grabs!

Now for today's card, my best friend in the world recently quit smoking cigarettes. I'm so proud of her and so happy! I quit smoking myself a little over two years ago and I know how hard it is. Anyway, I wanted to send her a little encouragement so I made this card for her.



I colored with copic markers and computer generated the words in Bradley Hand font. On the inside I have a funny punch line that another friend of mine used on a card she sent to me when I had my two year quitting smoking anniversary.



I sponged around the inside of a top note die cut to highlight the words. I think my friend will get a laugh out of it!
Thanks for checking in with me today!

16 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

what an adorable card!! I love the sentiment, and that image coule be used for so many things!! Thanks!

Lauri said...

Great card and wonderful coloring!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Norine said...

what a perfect card love the sentiment
hugs
Norine

catt871 said...

What a great card! Love the sentiment!!!! And that image is very versatile! I might have to put that in my shopping cart next time!!! LOL

msfreida said...

Wish I could send you some chicken soup! Hopefully the Dr will give you something that will knock it right out.

This card is adorable! I know your friend will love it...especially the sentiment! Kudos to the both of you!

Sending get well hugs~

Anita said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing how all the blogs.

LaVerne said...

Love the card. And let me tell you from personal experience-the mind and the waistband never snap back!

Nora said...

Cute card! It's good that she's got someone that's "been there, done that" to help her through.

Hey! I have a challenge AND an award for you over on my blog. Stop by any time!

Hope ya feel better soon!
{mwah!}

Emma said...

Fantastic card and well done to you for stopping smoking & your friend.
My mind snapped when I tried!!!
Emma x

Chesney said...

Oh, yeah. REAL encouraging! lol.

Cheri Howard said...

Oh, how funny! I love this card! ;o)

Pam in Ar. said...

Congratulations to both you and your friend :~)

Love the card...

Leslie Knox said...

Yeah for your friend!(and you too)I love this card as I quit myself about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I know how hard it is!

Kristie said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! That card is too funny...as a smoker who's given up many times I know the *mind snap* all too well...good luck to your friend.

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

I found you through paper planet and wathced your video of the confetti flinger card, I also love the pop up. You color your images beautifully. Also, I've never seen those girl stamps you use. I love, love, love 'em. I used to live in Cherokee Village. I have family in Salem also. Thanks again for sharing. P.S. Feel well soon! :-)

Sherry said...

Just love the card. I agree with you, yellow is the only color for raincoats. Seems like I remember the card you received... Hope you're feeling better today.