Monday, January 5, 2009

It's Your Party

I told you I'd have a birthday card for you and I do, but I also have another valentine card. The valentine was made for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers yesterday. The card I cased can be seen here. I used a stamp by Unity and created this.



I embossed a square nestabilitie die on the white card and then stamped the image in green. I colored in a few of the heart shapes and chalked the blue inside the frame. Little slits are cut on the edges for the ribbon to pull through. A simple sentiment stamped below and a heart shaped brad to finish it off.

Now for the birthday card...
I used a squigglefly image of this little girl throwing a tantrum.



I colored with copics and chalked the background. Then it was mounted on top of some designer paper from Papertrey Ink. The words are computer generated in a font called Occidental.
Are you curious what it says on the inside? It says "but you'll still be a year older!" LOL!
Back to work today for most people, and it's a while now before we have any holidays. I hope you all have a great Monday whatever you're doing. Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Emma said...

Stunning cards Holly...your sentiments always make me laugh, brilliant!!
Emma x

Pam in Ar. said...

OMGosh....that's the girl from Hobby Lobby the other day LOL she was throwing a fit! Great cards Holly...

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hi Holly these cards are both stunning hunny. I adore the second image especially. Reminds me of my daughter when she was younger!!! hugs Lind ax

Tracey said...

Love these cards Holly! The tantrum one is too funny!!

Kat said...

tee-hee! Your foot-stompin' crying girl card is great! You sure do come up with purrfect sentiments for your cards. :-)

Tracey said...

tee-hee! I love the birthday card Holly! Perfect. Valentine's too, I've been loving all of the ones you've been posting. Thanks for sharing!! Have a great day!

Anita said...

Cute cards! I like the little girl throwing a tantrum.

Jamie Martin said...

Both cards are really cute, love that Valentine's Day card :)

Anonymous said...

I gotta have this one! Gonna download image from Squigglefly this very minute! The sentiment is perfect. Just love it.

Sherry

bumblebee creations said...

you are absolutely brilliant! I love your cards! Specially the sentiment on the second one!! Too cute!

msfreida said...

You are too much, GF! Both of these are AWESOME, but the birthday one is a "killer"! I,too, have memories of of my DD looking just like this! I will definitely stop by Squigglefly and do some shopping!

Hugs~

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That tantrum girl is too cute. lol. I can only imagine, but I'm sure I must have done that a time or two in my day! :)