Sunday, January 4, 2009

key to my heart

I've got another Valentine card to show you today. This one I think turned out so cute.



The background heart was cut with a heart shaped coluzzle then embossed with a swirl embossing folder. It is made out of the coredinations cardstock so when I sanded it, the embossed swirls show the core color. I used some sparkly pink rick rack to outline the heart. The images are actually two separate images that I cut out and mounted on top of the heart and close together so it would look like they are holding hands. Aren't they cute? I think they are Hanglar images. I received them from someone in a trade so I can't be sure.
The lower corners have a heart punched out and I put some glitter on the inside of the card so the heart punch outs let it show through. I had a lot of fun making this card!
Still haven't found a dress I like, but I did get out and look a little yesterday. Today I've got a grocery list to make and then go shopping for the week. I did get a few birthday cards made yesterday, so look for them in the next couple of days.
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Kerri said...

Holly, this is the CUTEST card!! I love their ladybug spotted coats, the key and the heart. The swirls on the background are amazing -- I like how you brought the core color out by sanding it a little. Thanks for making my morning bright and creative -- I might just have to go into the craftroom later (when the sun is up!) and see what I can make for birthday cards.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Holly, they are certainly a lovely cute couple especially seeing them holding hands ah bless. I like the idea of sanding the embossing. I have done it a few times but not with great effect - I think I was a bit too heavy handed - but yours was perfect. Kym

Pam in Ar. said...

What a cute couple...and she's holding the key to his heart...just precious :~)

Tracey said...

SO adorable Holly - that little couple is too cute! I love their matching outfits :) and that heart looks great sanded as well...I need to get some of that coredinations paper...hmmmm... :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable! Love the embossed heart background. Don't stress over the dress...you'll find one, probably in a window on the way to get printer ink or something LOL!

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the heart embossed.

Tracey said...

This is adorable Holly! Love this card!

catt871 said...

AWWW cute!!!! What a great Valentines card!!!!

Kat said...

Wow - you really have to keep looking at this card to see all the wonderful details. So cute! Love that sparkly rick-rack behind the heart -- and the glitter on the inside of the card, showing thru the punched-out hearts.

I remember wearing matching shirts with the guy I dated in high school. I thought that was so kewl. LOL

I *feel* for ya, having to buy a dress. At one point, a few years back, I realized all my dresses & skirts were simply taking up room in my closet. So they ALL were donated. I used to love dressing up - but I grew out of that. LOL

Tab said...

oooh I agree they are just soooo cute! Love the images and your colouring is just divine!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi!
Hugs Tab xxx

Becky in East Tennessee said...

I totally agree! SOOOO cute!!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Those are the cutest faceless images ever! hee hee. :) I love it!

Emma said...

Stunning card...love the images, too cute.
Emma x

msfreida said...

I wish I could follow you around like your shadow to see how you come up with all your ingenious ideas! You are BRILLIANT! I never would have come up with this idea of joining the 2 images! This is AWESOME! I love ALL the details on this one too! You just blow my mind!

Hugs~