Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Purple Coneflowers

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my card yesterday. I guess we can't like everything we make, but that one just threw me. I liked Nora's suggestions though about going with different colors, and I may re-make it at some point. In an effort to bring my mojo back I decided to break away from my copic markers for a bit. I broke into my not very often used H2O paints and watercolored this.



If you click on the card, you can see the shimmer the H2o's give it. The coneflower is from Firecracker Designs and the little dragonfly is from Katie and Co. I am not sure if I like this that much. I think there's too much white going on in the bottom. That's one reason I put the ribbon on it.
I'm still working on getting that video tutorial for the flip up card finished. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

11 comments:

pittapitta said...

What a wonderful card!

Pam in Ar. said...

Anything with purple can't be bad :~)

Norine said...

this is pretty and I like the ribbon for the white space looks really good
Hugs
Norine

msfreida said...

Holly, this is BEAUTIFUL! I don't understand why you're not sure about it! The colors are AWESOME and I LOVE how you cut the frame! The ribbon is the perfect touch, but I love seeing some white space...gives a clean look! I have never worked with H2Os, but after seeing this, I must check them out! I just think you need a big hunk of chocolate to give you a lift!

Big hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! This is so so pretty!! I really love those purple colors!! Love the way you did your sketch design too!! Very cool!! TFS! :)

Emma said...

Hi Holly...
I am struggling to keep up with blogging and haven't visited you for a while.
All your creations are stunning...love the tan your hide sentiment....lol
Emma x

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!

Annasmama said...

Actually you remind me of the h2os, I have a lot of them and don`t even use them, but I should!
I love that card! :-))

Hugs, Renate

Kat said...

The dragonfly is definitely a good addition. These coneflowers, becuz of their tall stems, remind me of palm trees -- or even banana trees! LOL

Trina said...

Very Pretty! Great job!

Kristine B. said...

OOOHHH, LOVE THIS!! Love the shimmer, but I'm also loving your layout/sketch!! That dragonfly (?) really pops off the white! :)