Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday's Featured Stamper

I'm back! Today is Featured stamper on Splitcoast Stampers and when I saw this card in her gallery I had to CASE it!



I stamped the image on watercolor paper and then colored it with watercolor pencils. After coloring, I lightly ran an aqua brush over the color to blend. Then I ran an embossing marker around the frame and sprinkled some stamp 'n stick embossing powder over it. When you heat this embossing powder, it gets shiny and sticky. The stickly lets you apply flocking or glitter or in this case gold leaf flakes to it. After brushing off the excess gold leaf, I embossed the whole thing with the textile embossing folder.
Sponging the edges was the next step, and I may have gotten a little carried away embossing the card base because it's more black than purple! I really like the look of embossing over a colored image.
Anyway, it was fun to do. I haven't used my water color pencils in a long time. Gotta run!

6 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

WOW! I really like how this one has turned out! Love the colors you have used and it is nice to see some SPRING looking cards!! I am tired of winter! Have a great day!

Pam in Ar. said...

What a beautiful card. All of the different colors and techniques really make this card pop...

Kat said...

Beautiful!!!

msfreida said...

OHHHH HOW GORGEOUS!I LOVE IT! I'm ready for spring too! I love how you embossed over the colored image...very kewl!

Once I get caught up with my thank yous, I will give this a try! Copics..don't have that many! Watercolor pencils ...3 boxes!!! :)
Hugs~

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That's my favorite flower ever. So pretty!

alerts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.