Friday, January 9, 2009

Sweets For My Sweet

I had so much fun making today's card. It was almost like being a kid and making my own valentines with doilys and glitter and paste.
I went through a bunch of images received in trades and pulled several out that will work for Valentine's Day and this House Mouse one just called out "color me!" so I did! I colored them with copics andchalked the background and then drew in a line for the wall/floor separation. I also used one of my new cuttlebug embossing folders on the card base. The red ribbon is some from Martha Stewart and I attached a white heart brad in the knot.



I punched a lacy border out of white cardstock and attached it to the inside of the card, and cut the front a little short so it will show.



How can you not smile when you see these cute little guys? I hope they made you smile and that the smile stays with you all day! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Thank You Holly!! Awesome card!! I am smiling!!! Those little mice are adorable. TFS!

Pam in Ar. said...

I like the card with the white edging at the side...very nice :~)

You have a nice day too....

watchlady said...

I love the valentine card! I ran some cardstock through my cuttlebug yesterday to get ready to make some new cards-- Love this one!

Tracey said...

This is adorable Holly! Love those little mice!

Kerri said...

I love House Mouse! (the ONLY type of mice I like, besides Minnie and Mickey!) Cute card as always~ Happy Friday!!!

Annasmama said...

This ist really a very sweet valentine card and I love it! :-)))

Hugs, Renate

msfreida said...

YOU are such a sweetheart! :)
This is adorable! Looks like I am going to need another folder! The white border makes it "pop"...it does remind me of when we used doilies to make our cards in grammar school! Did you ever cover a shoe box with crepe paper? Ahhh...sweet memories!

Just want to tell everyone about the *FREE* Valentine paper Squigglefly is offering! It is absolutely GORGEOUS! I can't wait to play with it!

Big smiles and hugs~
Freida

Kat said...

:-D

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love the meece! This is adorable! :)

Eija said...

You make somehow simple and very elegant cards. I like your style very much.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Holly what a gorgeous card. I love the house mouse images and this one looks fab against the bright red background. Stunning work. Hope you are well hunny. Hugs Linda x

catt871 said...

Cutest mice around!!!! Your card is FAB!!! I love the chalked background - I never think to do that - I should try it!!!

jacker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.