Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Under the Weather

It's the time of year when you can use some get well cards. I know that I could! I am still not up to par, but I did get to the doctor yesterday and he said I was at the worst of it then. I got a shot and a couple of prescriptions, so I should be on the road to recovery! Maybe that's why I decided to make an "under the weather" card! I used this cute image from squigglefly called April Showers.



I don't know why it is I always color rain coats a bright yellow, and this one is no exception. There are a couple of things about this card that I just love. One is the designer paper I used on the background. I love that it has clouds on it! I mean you couldn't ask for a better paper to go with this!
The second favorite thing is how the little splashes in the puddle turned out! I put some crystal lacquer on the rain drops and the puddle. Then I used some of the tear drop shaped rain dots at the puddle and they look just like splashes!



Aren't the splashes perfect?! I just love them!

I thought the ribbon with the green and yellow circles on it went well with the colors I used too. I pierced in all the corners and printed the greeting in a font called Cool Dots.

Now I have a challenge to take care of! The challenge came from Nora at Handmade and heavenly. The rules for this challenge are - Go to where you store your photos on your computer. Go to the SIXTH folder and pick the SIXTH photo. Post that photo on your blog along with a SHORT story about it. Tag SIX people and leave a comment on their blog or email them letting them know you chose them.
I only have one picture folder on my computer, but here is the sixth picture in the folder.




I was making cards one day and my cat came in wanting some attention. He's usually happy to sit on my shoulders on at my feet, but this particular day he wanted me to pay attention to him. He started playing with the twill ribbon I was using and I stopped what I was doing and started taking pictures. He did get the attention he wanted from me and I was able to finish my cards!
Now the six people I'm going to tag for this challenge are

1. Rhonda
2. Tracey
3. Another Tracey
4. Debby
5. Kristin
6. Kerri

Nora also gave me an award!


The rules state that I'm supposed to nominate ten other blogs, but I am just going to ask that you take a look at my blog list on the side of my blog and choose ten to go visit! They're all great!

I hope all of you are feeling well and don't catch this creeping crud that I got!
Tomorrow is card give away day, so don't forget to come back for that! Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Hope you feel better Holly. Isn't this weather crazy????

We sure need this raincoat and umbrella today :~)

Stay warm....

Norine said...

this is super cute love the water
Hugs
Norine

Tracey said...

cute card - even cut-er photo :) Thanks for the challenge - I'll do it tonight when I get home!! I need to stop back by Squigglefly soon!! Hope you have a great day!

catt871 said...

VERY cute card!! That image is adorable!!!! And your colouring is divine!!!

Nora said...

Sorry that you still feel crummy. It obviously led how you created yesterday & you came up with a fantastic card!
Cute pic - thanks for rising to the challenge!
Feel better soon.
{mwah!}

msfreida said...

Glad you are feeling a little better today! Just don't over-do it!

This card just screams HOLLY DID THIS! You always bring in the most creative and appropriate details...hence, the rain drops, the puddle, and of course, the background paper! I've never seen the tear drop rain dots...must check them out! This is so adorable and would definitely brighten anyone's day!

Hugs~

Chrissie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been poorly Holly, I do hope you feel better very soon.
I just love this card, everything works perfectly on it! I love it when I manage to get a card that really works (it doesn't often happen for me)

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Holly!!...I hope you feeling better soon!!....Hugs, Ila

Chesney said...

Cute picture of Juni! So, are you feeling any better today? I also like a lot how the puddle/drops came out. Looks great.

Kat said...

The rain drops & splashes are great! They really "make" this card! I don't know how you could create so wonderfully while feeling so lousy. "Good health" wishes to you!

And your kitty is 'heavenly' (but not homemade - LOL).

Amy Kopp said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my art blog. I love your site! With all those cute designs...do you sell on etsy? if not, you should. You're very talented. Keep it up! Blessings, ~amy

Kristie said...

Those splashes are just perfect and really make the card extra special. As usual I am in complete awe of your colouring skills. Sending lots of feel better vibes your way ♥

Debby said...

Cute card. Love the rain. Cute cat. I miss cats. I had several at one time. Congrats on the award and thanks for the challenge. I love your pic. It's perfect. I'm afraid mine will be quite boring though. I hope that 6th folder isn't naked pics of my hubby. Goodness. :-) Kidding of course.

Karen said...

Very cute card. Great job! Love yellow on cards.

Toota-loo,
Karen

LuAnn said...

That card is super cute with the splashes!!!

Beverly aka beestamper said...

Super image and card! I love the way it turned out.. hope you are feeling better soon! I enjoyed chatting with you this morning.

Kristin said...

Thanks for the challenge! I enjoyed doing it :-)

Here's the link

http://kristinshappy.blogspot.com/2009/01/ive-been-challenged.html

Emma said...

Hope you get better very soon Holly. Gorgeous card...sure it will brighten anybody's day who is unwell.
Lol at your cat, one of mine always wants to be paying with the ribbon I am using. Got a peice tied on the door handle but that piece isn't as much fun.
Congrats on your award.
Emma x

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Such a sweet get well card and your kitty is adorable!

Annasmama said...

A smile on a rainy day...... :-)))

And your cat looks like my mother`s Fritz! :-)))