Friday, January 2, 2009

Valentine Roll

I LOVED everyone's suggestions for yesterday's card sentiment! I will remember those for future lion cards. I do agree with what Nora said though, that Valentine's don't have to be red or pink. I know this Christmas I loved the snowflake cards that I saw stamped in colors you don't assiociate with snowflakes! Thanks for the reminder Nora.

Are you tired of seeing Valentine cards? I hope not because I'm on a Valentine roll! I don't go into as much detail for cards that I'm going to send out in bulk because I just don't have as much time to spend on each card when there are a lot to do. So Valentine's are simple cards.



This one uses a little pig from squigglefly. I colored with copics and then let the designer papers do most of the work for me. The words were computer generated in a font called Boopee. What better time to use silly puns than Valentine's Day?

Then I printed the same pig out again only this time I erased his little cheeks before printing. I printed out a different (but just as bad) pun in the same font and made this card.




This next card uses one of the new images squigglefly has, and it's one my daughter Ashley drew. When I opened it in my photo program I added text to the inside of the heart before printing it out. This would be a cute way to personalize the valentine too.



After I colored the image I punched it out with a heart punch I have and sponged around the edges. Isn't this little cat cute?

I liked the cat so much that I did another one, only this time I added the little Happy To Bee Me image a couple of times over his head and I added an extra e to "be".



The background of this card uses a little 1 inch square of different sized hearts. I stamped it in a repeated pattern all over the front of the card. The secret to making it all look uniform is to rotate the stamp once every time you stamp it.
Here is how small the image is



I stamp it once in the corner of the cardstock



Then I rotate the stamp one turn to the right and stamp it again lining it up next to the other image. This is easy to do if you're using a clear acrylic block. You don't have to have cling cushion to use unmounted stamps on acrylic blocks. I just rub the back of my unmounted stamps with a glue stick and it stays put. Later the stamp and block are both easily cleaned.



Continue rotating the stamp one turn to the right every time you stamp



and soon you will have a fully covered background!




This particular image is an unmounted one I have that has no identification on it, so I can't tell you who makes it.

Have a happy Friday everyone. I'm going to try to get to some stores this afternoon to look for a dress. Anyone who knows me knows that I live in blue jeans. I'm lucky enough to be able to wear jeans to work, so I am never seen in a dress. I have to shop for a dress or at least a really nice pant suit because my daughter Ashley is going to be getting married in February and I can't exactly wear jeans to that! So, wish me luck in finding something I like and don't feel weird wearing!
Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the pink card with all of the hearts on it. I never knew the trick to stamping all over the paper without overlapping. Thanks for the tip I will be sure to use it often.

Good luck shopping for that dress :~)

Chesney said...

I LOVE the purple pig!

Becky in East Tennessee said...

These are really cute and creative. Love that little kitty!

Tracey said...

These cards are fantastic! Love them!

bumblebee creations said...

Great cards!! Love all of those images! Thanks for the tutorial too!! I love reading your blog as I am always learning from you!! Good luck finding a dress, and congrats to your daughter on her marriage!!

Kat said...

Okay, I'm not into piggies - but your "sow" verse is great ... and I do love everything else about that card. *s*

The "Be Mine" kitty (in the heart) looks like she is looking up at snow.

I absolutely *love* the final kitty card. Such dimension! Such purrty pinks! Gorgeous fat, satin ribbon bow! And I love bees (well, bumblebees & honeybees), so this is just so purrfect. But hey - you are a real stinker showing us that delightful hearts stamp (great tutorial!) without being able to tell us who makes it. Waaaa.....

Wild Clover said...

OMG! Holly ~ I Love this pig! I must have one! I need one to say - My Love for You is Wrapped in Bacon.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Holly, these are all so adorable, and I love the way you add the sentiments! Congrats on dd's upcoming wedding and have fun shopping! I'm sure you'll find something awesome to wear!

*kathleen* said...

love your HOgs and Kisses card..may need to CASE...

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Wow! You've been a busy girl! Cute cards, and I love the punny sentiments!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Lovely simple looking but very effective card. Thanks for the trick about stamping as I don't seem to get it just right and don't do as it looks messy but I will try this trick and see how I go. Kym

Debby said...

Suey! Clever girl.

Emma said...

Loving all these cards and your stamped background is fabulous.
Emma x

msfreida said...

What an AWESOME assortment! They make me want to get busy making mine, but I am determined to finish my thank yous from Christmas. I also love your tip for alternating your stamp in making background paper. Just another 'Holly original'!!! YOU ROCK HOLLY!