Saturday, January 10, 2009

We Are A Purrfect Pair

Happy Saturday! I suppose you know by the title of this post that there is bound to be a cat involved. Well, it's actually a pair of cats!



Aren't they sweet? This is a new image from Squigglefly that my daughter Ashley drew and it's available now for only $1.00. Plus they are giving a free paper download with every purchase between now and Valentine's Day. I think it's a great image for Valentine's Day, but it would be really sweet for an anniversary card. I colored the cats and then wanted to give them something to look at, so I created a sun set scene with chalks. I debated a while about using some designer paper on the card, but in the end I let the image be the focal point and just pierced in the corners and added some gold hearts in the top corners.
So, I'm curious about something; when you see this image which cat do you picture being the male? For some reason I colored the gray cat as male in my mind.
I don't have any major plans for the weekend, but I do plan on getting some stamping time in and working on that tutorial for ya'll. I hope you all have a fantastic Saturday! Thanks as always for taking time to visit me!

10 comments:

Chesney said...

I always saw the orange one as male. Not sure why, since it's slightly smaller than the other. It may be because the gray one has no markings making it look more "pristine" but I'm not sure.

Pam in Ar. said...

The gray cat looks like my new kitty, Kit Kat...he is a very regal cat...thinks he is King of the house LOL. Truth be told is he's got us wrapped around his little (or I should say big) paw.

Love the card Holly :~)

Kerri said...

The grey cat is the male....our Charlie Cat was a Russian Grey and we so loved him!! He was a stray that took up residence at the school so he came to live at our house. (go figure!) Charlie always thought he was a dog and we would laugh for hours at/with him. Our orange cat (first cat of our married lives) was Baby, a persnickity girl orange tabby.

Kat said...

Okay, am I crazy or what? I could swear I already saw this card, Holly. I searched around, tho, and did not see it elsewhere. I remember seeing it, tho!

I think of the orange kitty as being the male - partly 'cuz *most* orange kitties are male. But also, it just looks like the grey one is more passive (with her head turned slightly). The orange one looks like "the strong male". :-)

bumblebee creations said...

woooooh, Kat is good- she must've read her squigglefly "buzz" email!! (that is why she remembers seeing this card)! : )
Love your card Holly! I love how you made them looking over the horizon! So in love they are....

Kristine B. said...

I saw the grey cat as male when I first saw it too...don't know why? VERY CUTE card though...love their little tails forming a heart! :) Have fun stamping, and can't wait to see your tutorial!!

msfreida said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Now I have a better idea of how to use this image that I just had to have...the tails grabbed me! Love your background! To me, the gray cat is the Tom...don't know why!

catt871 said...

So pretty! I love the background!!

Sharon said...

I thought of the orange cat as the male...probably because we have had several orange/yellow cats in the past the were male.

Very pretty card. Like how you added the sunset.

googler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.