Wednesday, February 4, 2009

All Your Chicks

Hi all! I am in such a good mood today! My daughter Ashley had to come to town yesterday for work, and she stopped by to have dinner with us before going back home. While she was here I showed her the outfits I had picked out to wear to her wedding and her rehearsal dinner. I even modeled them for her, and she gave me her approval. I feel definite relief! Still have to get shoes though!

A friend of mine said she needed a birthday card for her boss, and she wanted it to be from the group. I asked her if all the people in her office were female. When she said "yes" I knew the card I wanted to make! It's such a simple and quick card, and I think really cute!



I stamped the image from Stampin Up's Best of Cluck set and colored all the chicks different colors with copic markers. I printed the saying on the cardstock above the image with my computer using a Bradley Hand font.

The card base is in the new Pacific Point blue from Stampin Up as is the designer paper. I embossed part of the card with the swiss dots folder - got it on the right side this time! :) I added some glue to all the chicks with a Quickie glue pen and then flocked them all with white flocking. They are so cute and fuzzy! I had to use black fine line pen to re-dot their eyes and beaks after the flock dried though.
The ribbon was just the last of a scrap that went perfectly with the paper. Wish all cards went so smoothly!
Well, I'm off to work and I wish you all the best day! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

I love that card.....
I have a thing for chickens.
bwahahahaha
Now I'm off to search for that set you mentioned.
Love your blog!!!
Crystal

Pam in Ar. said...

I like the pretty blue color. Also, the Swiss Dots Folder really dresses it up :~)

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That's awesome! lol. :) I love it.

bumblebee creations said...

Ohhh... so cute!! I just love it! the little chicks are all so colorful, and love that blue!!

Norine said...

how cute is this card love the blue
Hugs
Norine

Lauri said...

I love chickens!!! THis is a wonderful card! Love the chicken stamp!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love that all the chicks are different colors.

Kat said...

Oh this is just too durned CUTE, Holly! What a kick "all his chicks" will give that boss on his birthday. Having them be all soft 'n fuzzy must be adorable too. Love the blues! And of course the Swiss Dots!

Annasmama said...

Great idea, all those chicks! It`s a gorgeous card! :-)))

Have fun when you shopf for new shoes! :-))

Catherine said...

LOL!