Monday, February 9, 2009

Belated Birthday Turtle

Good morning everyone! Every Saturday Papercraft Planet has a sketch challenge and I love to play along when I can. I really liked this week's layout too! Here's my card



I colored the little turtle from Squigglefly with copic markers and then chalked lightly around him. I used some green cat eyes for his eyes. The blue paper around the image panel is Stampin Up's Pacific Blue, and the patterned paper is from the same collection.
The words are printed on the inside of the card in a Bradley Hand font. I punched little dots from the paper to stick to either side of the greeting. I think it turned out really cute!
I really have to respond to something Pam said in a comment on yesterday's post. She said she hasn't used a digital image yet because she's afraid she won't know how to print it right. Please go to squigglefly and download the free hummingbird image and TRY it! I promise you it is so easy and you will be so thrilled with how you can resize the images and see that you can color them the same way you do stamped images. I am working on a tutorial with pictures that tell you how to do this in more detail, but all you do is save your images on your computer, open up your word processing program, go to insert and choose picture, then from file, and choose the file that you saved the images in. Then click the one you want and click insert. The image will appear in your word processing program. Click on the picture once and a frame will be around your image. If you take your mouse cursor to the corner of the frame and hold your left mouse button down you can then drag the frame larger or smaller which will re-size your image. When you have it the size you want you just release the mouse button and go to print! Heat set your image just to prevent the ink from smearing and then go create a card with it! Please give it a try Pam, and anyone else who is having doubts.
Gotta run! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Thanks for the info on printing digital images Holly. I will try it and let you know how I do LOL...I'm just not good with things like that so we'll see...

I love the blue in today's card, as usual...great job :~)

Lauri said...

Your coloring is awesome!!! and to anyone who has not tried digital images....go for it!!!! Even I can do it!!! It opens up a whole new world!

msfreida said...

This is adorable...LOVE the sentiment! Very cute! Great idea to use the punched dots to match the paper! COOL!

Yes Pam, YOU can do this! I am computer illiterate and Holly's tips made it easy for me. Yesterday I downloaded the cute kitty holding a big heart for my DGS's Valentine. I was able to personalize the heart by adding "Derek is Mamaw's Purrrfect Valentine". With such a long sentiment, I had to resize the image to make it all fit and it worked purrrfectly!

Hugs~

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh wow waht a gorgous card, this little image is so cute! lovely colours too. hugs Linda x

Deb Wood said...

Awwww this is soooooo CUTE!! and funny!! I just love your sentiments. Have you thought of including some more or a list of possible sentiments with the images!! As always your coloring is fabulous!!

bumblebee creations said...

Hi HOlly! As usual - your card is amazing!!! I don't see that you gave him a name.....
I have broke down and ordered a bunch of copics-thanks again for telling me where to get single ones!! I can't wait till they get here now! Also, cant wait to see you card tomorrow-see ya!
oh, and Pam-it is easy peezy hun, no worries!!!

Kcherrie said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog! This is a great post:) Your little turtle is so adorable...beautiful card.

Anita said...

Cute card! I have a few digital images. I just keep forgetting to use them. I hope to get to them this week.

Kristie said...

This is the cutest turtle ever!!! Love him ♥
Thanks for the info on how to print the images...I've been a bit slow in getting round to it too...but now I know how easy it is I will be doing it asap....thanks Holly xoxoxox

Tracey said...

Love that turtle image Holly! A fantastic card!!

Anonymous said...

Holly, several days ago you mentioned Squillyfly (sp.). Of course I had to check it out - OMG where have I been. Had never run across DIGITAL stamping before. This is marvelous and the images are darling. First tried to download the free hummingbird (what a good idea to have a trial) No problem so I then went 'shopping'.
Googled digital stamps and came up with one more digital stamp site. Know of anymore?
Love the turtle - have to download him today.

Martie
marthamoser@sbcglobal.net

Annasmama said...

One of these days I will try to follow your instructions for http://www.squigglefly.com/ ....
This card looks so cute! :-))