Saturday, February 14, 2009

Birthday High Notes

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I hope you get to spend it with the one you love! My husband and I are going to go to a movie and he's promised me a cappuccino frozen custard! Yum! Today I have a card that uses an image from squigglefly called Hit The High Notes. I think it's both a cute and funny image. Can you believe this is just a 99 cent image? She looks like she could be singing or maybe praying really hard. In my card, she's singing Happy Birthday!



(click on the image for a larger version)

I colored her with copic markers and added little freckles to her face with a fine point brown Sharpie marker. Aren't the freckles cute? I used a white gel pen to make the highlights.
The background is a Stampin Up wheel.

Tomorrow I'm showing you what the blog candy is. I've had a lot of fun shopping and choosing just what to put in it! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lauri said...

What a funny and cute image!!! Hope you have a great V-day...sounds like you have a great time planned!

CRYSTAL said...

She is adorable..... great coloring!!!

Norine said...

adorable love it
hugs
Norine

Pam in Ar. said...

She sure looks serious, maybe she's singing opera :~)
Happy Valentine's Day to you too Holly...

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Happy valentines day to you Holly. I love this card what a gorgeous image. Hugs Linda x

Kristie said...

Pam & I must think alike...I thought that she looked like an opera singer too :)
Great colouring, as usual! The whole card is just as adorable as her freckles :)

msfreida said...

I LOVE this image! Singing is one way to use it, but I'm going to go with "GOD, PLEASE GIVE ME PATIENCE, AND HURRY"! It's one of my usual prayers!

Holly, I love how you used the scallop border punch, but I haven't found the secret to get my corners just right. I get so frustrated with that thing! This is when I would use my prayer above!!!LOL

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

awwww.... she is so cute!! Hope you have had a super valentines!! was the custard yummy as you thought it would be?!! Hope so! Thanks a lot for your sweet comments!

Kat said...

I'm so behind on my viewings, Holly! This is a darling image.

I love frozen custard! There is one place where I grew up (upstate NY) that served it. I have not seen any here in northern Idaho. And cappucino flavor -- I'm so envious! LOL

Hey Holly, I have a request. If this is not difficult for ya, would you make *all* future images available for *larger* viewing? (as in: "click on the image for a larger version") I know you can click on all of them, but I love it when I can view them LARGER. :-)