Friday, February 6, 2009

Bovine Inspiration

Happy Friday! I'm really happy to show you my latest cards using a couple of the Divine Bovine images from squigglefly. They are having a contest right now for the funniest and most creative card that uses one of the Divine Bovine images. I really want everyone to enter a card because I want to see them all! I just love these images because you can create the funniest cards with them. I have to tell you that not everyone agrees with me that these are funny. Some people I showed these to just gave me blank stares; they didn't get my puns. Still others gave me blank stares because they got the puns but didn't find them funny. And one person who shall remain un-named so as not to cause her further embarrassment asked me what Bovine meant. I hope that most of you are amused by these.

First we have




I love the look on the martini bovine's face! She looks like she just wants her friend to buzz off and leave her alone. The other cow is actually the shopping bovine from squigglefly. With digital images it's easy to size them so that they look like they go together.
I colored with copic markers and hand drew the "bar". The background is chalked. The card base is embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. I printed the words out in a font called comic sans, and just free handed the word "bubble". It's mounted on pop dots for added dimension.

Okay, for the second card my sister actually suggested something for the inside of the first card that I loved, but I decided to use it for a whole new card instead!




I love these eyes! They aren't just regular old googly eyes, they have eyelashes!



This is really funny because when you move the card the eyes move and sometimes this cow really looks like she's had a few too many! LOL! I printed the words out in a font called Juice. My daughter pointed out that her glass was empty and I said "That's cause she drank it all!"
I hope that you enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed making them. Did you smile, groan, or scratch your head?
Well, no silly puns tomorrow I promise! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Personally...I love the play on words. As i said yesterday. Sometimes when I make a card it has a story behind it, and no one else gets it but me.... but thats OK even though we give the cards to others we are actually making them for ourselves...right?? LOL
Great job, Marinated steak made me giggle teehee

PatBowman said...

Oh, these are a hoot! I'm going to have to get the Bovines. I grew up on a dairy farm and had to milk cows (as did all of my siblings). There are so many opportunities for me to use these in the future!

catt871 said...

OMG Holly! Those are 2 VERY funny cards!!!! WHERE did you get the googlie eyes with eyelashes??? So cute!!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

I didn't just smile, I laughed!!
I thought the cards were great :~)

I loved those eyes with the eyelashes..too cool.

Some people just don't have a sense of humor.....

Happy Friday :~)

Jackie said...

Love the cards, they really "MOOve" me to laughter! LOL! So where did you find those google eyes? Please don't tease us.

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
watchlady said...

I think those cards are so funny! Your mind must always be working.. not like mine! haha

Nora said...

Hey, I think back in by bartending days I served a few of her kind! *LOL* I love the card - it's hilarious - thanks for sharing!

bumblebee creations said...

Absolutely crazy!! I just love them both!!! Love how you put the two together as well!! Your coloring is so even, mine always looks messed up! I guess I need to get more copics!

my5bratz said...

lol...I LOVE cows...and these are FANTASTIC!!!

Annasmama said...

They are really funny! Those eyelashes are gorgeous! *lol*
You made me laugh, thanks a lot!:-))

Kristie said...

Oh, you had me laughing right out loud...actually I'm still giggling right now. I'm with Pam...some people just don't have a sense of humour at all...but clearly you share mine...slightly warped :) Love them ♥

LaVerne said...

Girl, you really sell those images!! How cute they are! Those words on the first one had me in stitches. LOVE those google eyes.!

Anita said...

Cute cards! I like how did the eyelashes.

Vyx said...

Ah ha! Now I see why Happy Moo Year was so fitting.

I love the Marinated Steak card. LOL!

Diane said...

These are great cards...I was laughing and made the dog bark! Its fun to do some really "fun" cards once in in awhile isn't it?? Thanks for sharing!

msfreida said...

Both of these share my kind of humor! Ms Martini Bovine reminds me of Marge on the Golden Girls! Her expression is priceless! Your sentiments for both are so creative. Must get to HL to get me some flirty eyes!!!! :)

Hugs~